pumpkin pie?

o0_hamburger_0o, Apr 7, 2:16am
mmmm this sounds so yucky but ive been told its good, whats your view and does anyone have a easy peasy recipe for it

poppy62, Apr 7, 2:28am
It is lovely -Havent got a recipie but I suggest you search it on the net and try it!

cookessentials, Apr 7, 2:29am
you dont know what you are missing. Had a thread here a few days ago and I posted my recipe. i find it best cold with a little whipped cream on the side. The mixture of the spices along with the pumpkin and evaporated milk make a delicious desssert.

cookessentials, Apr 7, 2:30am
Here is my recipe:
aken from the recipe section on our website
Joyce's Traditional Pumpkin Pie
This recipe has been in our family for over fourty years.
It was given to my Mother by a friend of hers who had lived in Canada and was married to a Canadian. The evaporated milk is traditionally used in American pumpkin pie and it makes an extremely delicious and easy to make dessert.
Ingredients:
500g pumpkin, peeled and cooked till tender
2 eggs
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mace
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 heaped tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
375ml can evaporated milk
Method:
Mix pumpkin, eggs, sugar, salt & spices in a food processor, wizz until well combined. Add flour and lastly add milk. Prepare a sweet short pastry ( I cheat and buy a frozen Irvine's pastry from the supermarket! ) into a greased, deep 23 cm pie dish. Bake at 200C for 35-40 minutes. Serve cold with whipped cream.

monofoil, Apr 9, 8:37am
Hi - what is mace and is it essential?

cookessentials, Apr 9, 9:31am
mace is the outer husk of the nutmeg and you can buy it from most supermarkets - if you have real trouble getting it, leave it out and maybe increase the other spices a little. However, if you CAN get it, it is worthwhile.

monofoil, Apr 9, 9:36am
Thanks, just realized your recipe calls for food processer. Will have to try without.

mojome, May 9, 2:08pm
this is the best ever one you will eat http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=jv1RsppHpjU

cookessentials, May 9, 6:55pm
you dont have to use a food processor. So long as your pumpkin is soft enough, you can mix well by hand or using an electric beater.

jed, Apr 23, 8:10am
You didn't mention if you cook the pastry shell first. Do you pour the pumpkin mix onto pastry and then cook? It sounds devine and I will try it. Thanks