Chicken and tomato casserole

sunflower1981, Apr 7, 2:02am
Any recipes for chicken casserole using canned tomatoes? TIA

tixy, Apr 7, 10:34pm
Try googling chicken cacciatore (I think thats the correct spelling). I have had a recipe lurking around for a while and now cannot find it!

rog.e, Apr 7, 10:44pm
A recipenow on www.trademe.co.nz Recipes forum and soon to be stolen :-(
Last night I fried a finely sliced onion in oil followed by 3 stalks of sliced Celery including pale leaves and 3 carrots cit into pieces. I mixed in a bowl 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 small tin of crushed pineapple, a chicken Oxo cube crumbled, a paket of Maggis Sage and Onion gravy mix made up with boiling water, 10 grinds ofg pepper, and mixed it all up; then added the veggies.
Put 8 chicken drums into a large casserile and poured the mixture over it. Stirred it around a bit.
Cookedthe casserole in a moderate oven until bubbling then turned down the oven to just leave the food at a simmer and cooked for 1 and a half hours. Covered the casserole for half the time then uncovered for the rest.
It was delicious.
V

greerg, Apr 8, 7:23am
Chicken Marengo
Chicken pieces to serve 4, 140 grm tin tomato paste, 250 grms mushrooms, ⅔ cup chicken stock, 1 onion diced, ¼ cup chopped parsley, 1 clove garlic crushed, ½ teasp thyme, 2 tbspn flour, 1 bay leaf, 450 grm tin whole tomatoes:Preheat oven to175o C. Season chicken pieces, brown in oil and remove to a casserole dish. Brown mushrooms in the oil and place on top of chicken. Sauté onions and garlic until tender and add the remainder of the ingredients. Stir until boiling and pour over chicken. Bake for 1¼ hours. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with buttered noodles.

mooloocal, Feb 16, 6:12pm
Thanks rog. e I made ya recipe and it was nice