Breakfast done as nibbles - ideas please!

nunesy, Apr 19, 11:33am
I'm having a breakfast/brunch do and would like to present the food as nibbles or fingerfood rather than in bowls/platters.I am doing waffles with maple syrup, bacon and scrambled eggs, hash browns, yoghurt with fruit, cereal, and toast (Vogels and sourdough).Thought of doing some kind of mini kebabs with some crispy bacon, a small square of toast and half a grilled cherry tomato!Also yoghurt in plastic shot glasses!Any other ideas would be great, thanks!

elliehen, Apr 19, 11:52am
I'd put the bacon and scrambled eggs inside a mini croissant.

auntlb, Apr 19, 8:14pm
Fruit kebabs with a yoghurt dipping sauce
pikelets
breakfast sausages served with toothpicks
prunes wrapped in bacon

hlblanchett, Apr 19, 8:39pm
mini muffins
little puff pastry tarts filled with savoury fillings

supercook, Apr 19, 8:40pm
Creamy mushrooms in bread cases
Little shot glasses with homemade muesli and greek yoghurt topped with berries

duckmoon, Apr 19, 9:58pm
Chinese spoons with something wet

nunesy, Apr 20, 3:07am
Thanks all - am running out of time (party's tomorrow) but will try to at least do a couple of these ideas - although went to find shot glasses or similar (disposable ones) and can't find 'em.

phoenix10111, Apr 20, 3:11am
I've bought them in the supermarket before - not sure if that's where you have tried already.!

kiwiscrapper1, Apr 20, 3:41am
I've done mini cheese muffins sliced with a peice of smoked salmon cream cheese and a sprig of dill.ran out very quickly!

buzzy110, Apr 20, 6:12am
This is a good way to do small bagels as well.

nunesy, Apr 20, 7:27am
Yum!If I don't use these tomorrow I'm definitely saving them for another time. thanks.

chrisandco, Apr 20, 7:36am
Ive seen them at the supermarket as well,possibly in the party gimmicky bit tho rather than with plastic cups.Mini croisants or cut them in half,fruit kebabs, english muffins!

sherrie, Apr 20, 10:29am
Little shot glasses (disposable) at the $2 Shop and also at Gilmours!

motorbo, Apr 20, 10:36am
my mum used to make these and so then did i.yummo, edmonds cookbook cheese straw recipe, make it but instead of straws use the sough to line patty tins, cook bacon and chop up little, half cook scrambled eggs, you want then gooey and sloppy, add bacon pop into pre baked pattys and complete cooking in the oven, garnish each with some fine parsley.these are truly delish

fisher, Apr 20, 3:06pm
chicken wing ends done in sticky sauce.bacon and egg yorkies (with parsley) done in muffin tins. vol au vents, parsley plus real smoked fish in white sauce goes down well.

rainrain1, Apr 20, 8:17pm
pigs in a blanket

nunesy, Apr 21, 2:19am
Okay breakfast party done and dusted!Got lots of nice comments about the food so that was good.Most popular (visually) was little glasses of yoghurt with 'do it yourself' containers of berries, tinned fruit, and nice cereal to add to it.Shot glasses would've been a bit too small and remembered I had these small round tealight holder things that I'd bought ages ago from Geoff's Emporium for 50c each.Thanks all, will definitely keep this thread's ideas for future events.