Whats your favourite Curry or Thai Recipes

kellybme, Apr 18, 6:55pm
Looking for some new recipes to try, whats your favourite Curry or Thai meal/recipe

kellybme, Apr 18, 6:59pm
This is one of my favourites - Chicken Massaman Curry

• 30 ml vegetable oil
• 50 g curry paste
• Crushed ginger - about 1 teaspoon
• 570 g skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
• 40 g brown sugar
• fish sauce - approx 1 teaspoon
• 40 g tamarind paste
• 85 g peanut butter (i use 2 largetablespoons)
• 465 g peeled, cubed potatoes
• 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
• 45 ml fresh lime juice

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in curry paste and minced ginger; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the cubed chicken, and cook until the pieces turn white on the outside, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in brown sugar, fish sauce, tamarind paste, peanut butter, potatoes, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender and the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Add the lime juice and cook for an additional 5 minutes before serving.

ruby2shoes, Apr 18, 7:56pm
I love curries, but find most of the recipes are too mild.I think I'll leave it to the experts!the kid hates fish sauce (and can smell it a mile off) so that cuts out a few.

jimmy2102, Apr 18, 8:16pm
If you type curry into side bar youll get loads of recipes and tips

willyow, Apr 18, 8:16pm
I've eaten curries from theSouth of India to theHimalayas - interesting that they are red hot in the south and get milder as you head north. My favourite curries are the northern Indian curries - especiallyKormas - which, while mild, havefantastic fragrance.I've had trouble finding really good ones here in NZ - the best I've had outside India was at Shalimar restaurant in Perth a few years ago - if anyone has a great Kormarecipe - please !( and I don't mean one using curry paste).

davidt4, Apr 19, 5:58am
This s my favourite Thai curry.It is especially good made with salmon.Adapted from a recipe by Neil Perry.

Thai Dry Fish Curry
serves 2

Paste:

½ tsp white peppercorns
½ tsp fennel seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
3 long dried chillies, deseeded and soak in warm water 30 min
1 tsp salt
3 red shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp galangal, chopped
1 stalk lemongrass,trimmed and chopped
6 coriander roots, scrubbed and chopped
1 tsp Thai shrimp paste, roasted

Curry:

350 g fish (salmon, bluenose, hapuku, snapper, trevally etc)
8 snake beans (or 15 - 20 french beans, snow peas, asparagus etc)
100 ml peanut oil
2 tab crushed palm sugar
2 tab fish sauce
2 tsp dried shrimp, soaked in warm water 20 min

In small heavy pan roast spices separately until they just start to change colour.Grind. Wrap shrimp paste in foil and heat in pan for about 5 min until you can smell it.
Pound all paste ingredients in a mortar or grind in small food processor, adding a little cold water if necessary (NOT oil).

Blanch beans and drain.Drain shrimps and add to beans, mix with sugar and fish sauce.Cut fish into bite size chunks.

Heat wok over high heat, add half of oil, stir-fry fish (in batches) until starting to brown but not cooked through.Set fish aside.

Add remaining oil to wok, add paste and stir-fry until fragrant - about 5 min.Add beans etc and stir-fry 1 minute.Add fish, stir-fry 1 minute.

Serve with Jasmine rice.

bridget107, Apr 19, 9:30am

spongeypud, Apr 19, 10:18am
My favourite at the moment is this .

Pork Curry

1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
2 tablespoons red curry paste
650g pork fillet, trimmed, cut into 5cm-long thin strips
400ml can light coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 large red capsicum, diced
150g green beans, trimmed, halved crossways
1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
steamed jasmine rice, to serve

Heat a wok or large saucepan over high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Add curry paste and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until aromatic.
Add pork and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until coated in curry mixture. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, capsicum and beans. Stir until well combined. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Spoon curry over rice. Top with peanuts and chilli. Serve.

Serves 4

kellybme, Apr 20, 10:30pm
yum, thanks will try these

mwood, Apr 20, 10:31pm
*bookmark*