Whats your favourite toppings for Pizza? .

tammiraven, Apr 15, 8:05am
When making your own pizzas whats your favourite toppings!

jimmy2102, Apr 15, 8:25am
We just had pizza, because figs are in season we had them with caramelised onion, prosciutto, gorgonzola, and rocket.

But i love a simple tomatoe, mozzarella and basil. Also love some chilli flakes to sprinkle.

elliehen, Apr 15, 8:27am
I want one of those ^^^^^^^.please :)

jbsouthland, Apr 15, 11:09am
simple .mozzarella , tom sauce , basil, maybe mushrooms , sea salt , olive oil and cracked pepper.I lived with an Italian for four years.they don'toverdo the toppings.yum.

purplegoanna, Apr 15, 9:09pm
we have pizza partys and i have a whole lot of special trays with small dishes in them last time we had a selection that included olives, sundried tomatos, feta cheese, cherry tomatos, shrimps, fresh oregano/thyme, homemade meatballs, anchovies, ham, chicken, salami, bacon, red pepper, garlic, red onion and camembert cheese strips, some DEVINE pizzas were made too.

bk02, Apr 16, 9:01pm
Sweet chillie sauce smeared on the base, ham, bacon and a bit of chicken if have.Cheese on top and a swirl of bbq sauce with oregano sprinkled on top.YUMMI.The kids absolutely love these

andrea09, Apr 16, 11:25pm
pizza sauce, Red onion, capsicum, cashews,mushrooms, Thai flavoured tegal takeouts sliced thinly, cheese on top then satay sauce drizzled over. yum!

beaker59, Apr 17, 12:39am
smoked marlin, walnuts, and blue cheese. Thats my fav a bit rich though :)

babytears, Apr 17, 12:41am
I can never go past Oregano when making pizza yummmmm!

carriebradshaw, Apr 17, 12:43am
Buffalo mozzarella,calabresi salami and fresh basil.

ruby19, Apr 17, 6:16am
I personnally love blue cheese, mushroom, & caramalised onion. I still add oregano, and extra melty cheese :-) . Yumm.

wildebeest, Apr 17, 6:50am
pizza tonno - tuna (canned) and red onion! so good!
also salmon and a creamy dill dip is amazing!

elliehen, Apr 17, 6:50am
I just picked up a Takeaway pizza with fresh figs, blue cheese, walnuts and caramelised onions.Heaven!

If any of you come to Nelson City, make sure you check out the Milton Street Takeaways in The Wood - your fish of choice (gurnard, blue cod etc), burgers that are home-made and personalised, pizzas from the simplest Margherita to your favourite with extra toppings that include gourmet additions like pepperdews. For those with special diets there are gluten-free corn and feta fritters and many other GF edibles.

They even crumb your fish for you instead of battering it if you choose (a gluten-free option there too).

One last attraction (and no, I have no connection whatsoever to either business!) is that next door there is a Sprig and Fern and if you wish to have an ale with your meal you simply go next door and they bring your takeaway over to you at a table.

miri_s, Apr 17, 8:36am
Haven't had fresh figs for about 10 years.Lucky you - I'll bet that pizza was delicious!

falcon-hell, Apr 17, 8:58am
meat lovers pizza in this house,salami,ham,beef,bacon,bi-
er sticks,and lots of it.

48bubbles, Apr 17, 9:37am
Apricot sauce on base, smoked chicken, spring onion, pinenuts, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of rosemary.

tammiraven, Apr 17, 9:52am
WOW! you guys . beats my ham and pineapple anyday

indy95, Apr 18, 2:23am
That takeaway in Nelson certainly sounds as though it is worth a visit, elliehen. I have an obsession with pizza topped with passata, red onion, mushrooms, fresh herbs ( usually thyme or oregano ), sometimes spinach and a rather liberal scattering of mozzarella. Good for the tastebuds but not for the waistline, I'm afraid.

purplegoanna, Apr 18, 3:35am
to be honest id quite happily munch on a pizza made of feta and anchovies with a smidgeon of grated mozzarella and a sprinkle of salt & freshly ground black pepper!

elliehen, Apr 18, 3:41am
Made in your home-made pizza oven, purplegoanna!I followed it with interest on the Gardening & DIY messageboard.

purplegoanna, Apr 18, 4:13am
ahh a stalker.yip def the best thing i eva did, im so glad i did it.all by myself.still have yet to invite the 3 men who rolled their eyes at the beginning when i said i was going to build one.all up (- the wood base) it cost $500.cant wait till next summer.i want a lil piggy with a apple in its mouth roasting away.

elliehen, Apr 18, 4:21am
Gardener and DIY person please!So far have only managed to 'build' an outdoor kitchen.

I was especially interested through knowing a bit about the work of the Taranaki artist Dale Copland (virtual tart) and seeing the photos of her oven as it progressed.

purplegoanna, Apr 18, 4:38am
i love her coin idea it was one of the many i pondered over but cant resist the urge to mosaic it.but not until next spring now.