Cheese

angel404, Apr 17, 5:58am
Right so now i have a organic raw milk supplier I want to attempt making cheese. Can anyone guide me with this!

holly-rocks, Apr 17, 6:26am
What type of cheese do you want to make !

babytears, Apr 17, 6:32am
I would recommend buying this - for $19.00 it's full of recipes and they can be made so easily

http://www.nzlifestyleblock.co.nz/2011/11/how-to-make-cheese-have-look-inside.html

angel404, Apr 17, 6:54am
Oh i dont know LOL. maybe just normal hard cheese!, i also like feta and cambenbert as well.

fifie, Apr 17, 7:02am
Suggest you research, read up on cheese making start with the easy ones ricotta etc and progress up from there. Just made a batch of feta today yum, great hobbie have fun.

davidt4, Apr 17, 9:39pm
This is good advice.The fresh cheeses like feta, ricotta and haloumi are quite easy to make, and normal kitchen cleanliness is all that you need.As soon as you move on to ripened cheeses like Camembert, Cheddar and Gruyere a whole new level of hygiene is necessary if the cheeses are to ripen without spoiling, and you need proper temperature-controlled storage.It really is quite difficult to make a domestic kitchen properly hygienic.

angel404, Apr 18, 5:02am
Thanks guys. So would it be best if i bought a (fresh) cheese making kit and went from there!

makespacenow, Apr 18, 5:32am
Start with riccotta and mozzarella kids loved it too.just Google 30min mozzarella.
You don't need special cheese cultures for those.
I buy the cheese cultures out of us as it is way cheaper.

davidt4, Apr 18, 5:59am
The Artisan's One Daykit provides all the equipment and cultures that you need for fresh cheeses including haloumi and feta, and if you later want to try making ripened cheeses you can buy the extra items separately.As I've said before, my kit paid for itself in about six weeks.