Putting a cake into the freezer

lindy32, Apr 9, 12:05am
have just searched for a banana cake recipe online and found a good one but it said that once you have finished cooking it, put it strait into the freezer from the oven, this apparantly makes it very moist. Does anyone know if this is true as I only have ebough bananas for one cake and dont want to ruin it but do like moist cakes

casey1232, Apr 9, 12:30am
Im a chef and iv never herd of that. I wouldn't t try it if you want my advise, sounds like a weird idea. Try this instead: Dont over mix your mixture.

lurtz, Apr 9, 1:23am
There seem to be some reputable cooking sites which recommend this method. Here's onelink which says to put into the freezer straight from oven for 45 minutes.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-cake-vi/

norse_westie, Apr 9, 1:25am
I cool mine, cut and wrap individually for lunches then freeze. It remains very moist. I have no idea about straight to freezer though.

kinna54, Apr 9, 1:57am
I have often quickly done this to cool a cake down when I want to ice it in a hurry*, but have never actually done this straight from the oven.:
**We did this with a large banana cake for the kids at pre-school the other day, as we wanted to ice it quickly, it was fine.**
To ensure your banana cake is moist use extra bananas .I use 4 in the Edmonds recipe, and often use bananas straight from the freezer.