STEAMED PUDDING DONE IN A CROCKPOT?

fleurshelley, Apr 8, 9:25am
Anyone got the recipe for this! heard of it being done but never thought to ask for recipe lol

campmum, Apr 8, 10:35am
this is my absolute fave.really easy & delicious.

Crock Pot Chocolate Self-saucing Pudding
We've seen several different recipes for slow cooker versions of everyone's favourite self-saucing chocolate pudding, but this one - with its remarkably rich sauce considering how little fat is actually added - is a winner!
FOR 6 SERVINGS:
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup chocolate chips
SAUCE
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 1/4 cups boiling water
Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and coat the inside of the bowl with non-stick spray.
Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt into a large bowl. In a small separate bowl whisk the milk, oil and vanilla together. Pour them into the dry ingredients, then fold everything together gently until just combined. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and stir just enough to incorporate them. Pour or spoon the pudding batter into the slow cooker.
Make the sauce by combining the sugar and cocoa powder with the boiling water. Stir or whisk to ensure there are no lumps, then carefully pour the sauce over the batter, getting as much as possible around the edges rather than all in the middle.
Cover and cook for 2-3 hours. When the middle feels about as firm as the edges it is ready. Leave to stand for 15-20 minutes before spooning out and serving with cream or ice cream.

campmum, Apr 8, 10:36am
ooops.not steamed pudding but a sensational self saucing

gardie, Apr 8, 7:06pm
Yip - did my Christmas pudding in a crockpot this year.Just put the steamed pudding basin in the crockpot with boiling water, and leave on high.I popped it on in the morning for a 2pm eat - so double it usual cooking time in a pot.Ever so slight difference in texture but no one else noticed.

strange, Apr 8, 7:38pm
did you use a trivet! And also for the first recipe. is that on high or low

fifie, Apr 8, 10:52pm
Haven't tried this yet. Slow Cooker Steamed Jam Pudding.
Grease a 4 cup steam pud bowl or oven proof bowl,put a piece of baking paper cut to size and greased in the bottom, turn cooker on to high to heat up.
Beat 90gr softened butter,with 1/2 cup sugar till creamy.Add 1 egg mix well then fold in 11/2 cups self raising flour, 1/2 cup milk,1 teasp vanilla. Put 21/2 tablespoons Raspberry jam in the bottom of your bowl spoon in the mixture cover basin with 2 layers tin foil squeezed around edges then secured with some string, lift into cooker add boiling water until it reaches about 2/3 way up the basin lid on and cook 3/1/2 hours on high. When done remove from cooker and gently run a knife around edge of basin turn onto a plate serve with custard and icecream. Can make with marmalade, apricot jam etc what ever you have. My thoughts if making in Crock pot may need to cook little longer as its not as hot as the slow cookers.

gardie, Apr 9, 7:39am
No trivet - just straight into the crockpot with the water coming up to about 3/4 the way up the pudding bowl.The water doesn't evaporate like it does from a boiling pot - no need for top ups.

harrislucinda, Oct 8, 9:00am
ihavejustput themixturestraightinwillhavetofindtherecipeiused

nzhel, Oct 8, 9:09am
I've done my Xmas pudding in a crockpot for the last few years and it always turns out beautifully. I usually make it about Labour weekend, let it cool, seal in a plastic bag still in the cooking bowl and put it in the freezer to mature. Then at Xmas I thaw it in the fridge for a day or two, pour over a little rum or brandy and reheat it for 2-3 hours again in the crockpot. Its always moist, dark and delicious.

wron, Oct 8, 9:28am
Which recipe do you use nzhel!

connor2003, Oct 8, 10:03pm
If you haven't got a trivet use a saucer upside down, works for me.

beewee, Oct 8, 11:54pm
Bumping for nzhel recipe thanks

penny123, Nov 17, 8:05pm
What receipe do you use for your Christmas Pudding!

nauru, Nov 19, 3:25am
I use Joan Bishop's Christmas pudding recipe from her CP book.If anyone wants it I will be happy to post it.

penny123, Nov 19, 5:12am
Hi nauru
Do you use this for your crockpot.would love your receipe.many thanks.

vomo2, Nov 20, 3:35am
Alison Holsts first slow cooker book has a fab Xmas pudding recipe. I now make them for pressies.

nauru, Nov 20, 7:52am
Hi penny, yes cook it in the CP
100g soft breadcrumbs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
600g mixed dried fruit
1/2 teasp ground nutmeg,
1 teasp mixed spice,
1 teasp ground cinnamon,
1/2 teasp ground ginger
100g butter
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/4 cup milk
1 teasp baking soda
2 eggs beaten
1 tablsp brandy

Preheat CP on high for 20 minutes. Grease (8 cup capacity) pudding basin.Mix together in a large bowl breadcrumbs, flour and sugar.Add dried fruit & spices, stir well. Melt butter & syrup in a pan, remove from heat and add milk and soda, stir until dissolved.Add eggs and brandy.Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture and stir thoroughly.Pour mixture into prepared pudding basin and cover tightly with both baking paper then foil and tie with string.Putbasin into CP and place on a trivet in the base. Pour 3 cups boiling water around basin. Cover with lid and cook on high for 6-8 hours.Enjoy, Merry Christmas

I also add 1 grated carrot with the dried fruit.