Garlic Bread

evorotorua, Apr 7, 6:46pm
I made a new way of garlic bread. I actually saw it at a pizza place and tried it myself. Really lovely and not gooey in the middle like you can often get (Actually I quite like gooey too but this is different!) Preheat oven to 210C with the baking tray inside the oven to heat. Make a bread dough as you would for a loaf of white bread (3 cups flour). Roll it onto a baking paper liner sprinkled with some flour to stop it sticking.It will look like a thin pizza base. Let it rest for about five minutes. Melt about 2 tablespoon of butter and mix in 1 tablespoon grushed garlic from a tube and spread this over the dough. Grind rock salt over the top and sprinkle a little grated cheese over too. Carefully pick up the baking paper liner and place onto the oven tray in the oven. Bake for about 7 - 10 mins and slice whatever way you like. It kind of gets bubbles in the dough like naan bread and is wonderful with soup. This is a totally guessed recipe so modify your quantities to suit. If you aren't lazy like me, use real garlic!

gardie, Apr 7, 6:54pm
Nothing wrong with the jar stuffevo - provided its masterfoods of course!I don't like the others.
Recipe sounds great.A good idea for the soup season coming up shortly.

norse_westie, Apr 7, 7:27pm
I use up stale bread/rolls by liberally spreading with softened butter that I mix oodles of crushed/finely chopped garlic in, and a good sprinkle of smoked garlic salt. Then stack in oven dish overlapping each other (for instance I can get two french sticks thinly sliced into the dish, standing pretty much sideways. Slow bake till crisp on the outer and softish on the inner.

I've never bought garlic bread because when I tried it at my friends house I found it odd.

kaddiew, Apr 7, 7:49pm
I do mine exactly the same way.