1st edition of Edmonds Cookbook on line

marcs, Mar 27, 12:24pm

korbo, Mar 27, 6:48pm
checked it out, but cannot get the recipes.

petal1955, Mar 27, 7:07pm
Click on the "+" beside the recipes and they all appear

herself, Mar 27, 8:04pm
I have just spent a happy half hour browsing through it and I can see I will be going back!Thank you marcs.

elliehen, Mar 27, 8:19pm
That's a great link.Thanks again marcs :)

bernice1, Mar 27, 8:47pm
On the right hand side there is a link to download it as a PDF, then you can read it off line as well.I have it downloaded to iBooks on my iPad so it's easy to read and use.

sarahb5, Mar 27, 10:28pm
I love this:

"Rice Pudding (Without Eggs).

Stir sufficient rice in boiling water, let boil quarter of an hour, then drain water off, stirring into the boiled rice a cupful of milk and dessertspoonful of sugar. Make a custard (see direction for Custard, page 41), put the rice into a dish, mix thoroughly with the custard while hot. Grate nutmeg on top; bake as usual."

How many cooks these days would be able to make rice pudding from that recipe using "sufficient" rice .

winnie231, Mar 27, 11:55pm
When I click on the pdf link it opens as a blank page & then nothing more happens .
Has anyone else had a problem with it! Am I just not waiting long enough for it to open!

winnie231, Mar 27, 11:55pm
When I click on the pdf link it opens as a blank page & then nothing more happens .
Has anyone else had a problem with it! Am I just not waiting long enough for it to open!

Edited to say . patience needed! I left it alone in another window for a while & now have it happily saved in my recipes folder.
Thanks for the link!

chrissie91, Mar 28, 4:45am
I just clicked on to the above Edmonds adress http etc address and slid it over onto desk top works fine.

marcs, Mar 28, 8:51am
You are welcome everyone. I was very suprised to find it on line.

olwen, Mar 28, 8:59am
It's been online for a few years I think.If you check the cover it's actually the 3rd edition

clair4, Mar 28, 9:04am
Click on the recipe page (blue).Will copy some of the recipes tomorrow.thanks for the site.

marcs, Mar 28, 9:05am
So it is. My bad but I don't think the recipes would have changed much from the 1st eddition in those days. I like the fact that it is good old fashioned baking where butter, lard or dripping is used and there are no diet things in it. Good honest baking is what I would call it.