Looking for easy cookie & slices recipes.

sarah681, Mar 6, 10:13pm
Love baking but I do the same things every week,eg. chocolate chip muffin,cookies ( chocolate chip ) slices ginger,rice bubble. PLEASE I NEED Help. Thanks.

rainrain1, Mar 6, 10:21pm
Ginger Cookies.

125 g butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons golden syrup
1 egg beaten
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons ground ginger
Preheat oven 180 deg C

Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup over a low heat. Cool slightly and add the beaten egg and sifted dry ingredients. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Roll into small balls, roll in extra sugar. Flatten with a fork and bake until golden. The longer you can leave them in the oven the crisper they will be.
Cook approx 25minutes

lodgelocum, Mar 6, 10:31pm
Hokey Pokey Biscuits, Yo-Yo's, Vanilla Biscuits, Choc caramel Square, Louise Slice, Savoury Muffins, Afghans, Jam Biscuits (a huge favourite of my grandchildren) etc etc.I love baking too but now only my hubby and me at home, and as on WW don't eat baking.bummer

245sam, Mar 6, 10:38pm
CARAMEL CRUMBLE
This slice is very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter and sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat!
Caramel Topping:
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup,
¼ cup brown sugar
55g (2oz) butter

Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Base:
1½ cups flour.
1 tsp baking powder
115g (½ cup) sugar,
½ tsp vanilla essence,
115g (4oz) melted butter

Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence and the melted butter and mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture.
Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares. :-))

shellz213, Mar 6, 10:43pm
Nigella's Cupcakes (very easy, very yum and are neat to make with the kids . Miss 6 and I have fun icing/decorating them together).

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/basic-cupcake-recipe-3419

cookessentials, Mar 7, 12:42am
Have bumped the biscuit and slices thread for you.

kinna54, Mar 7, 2:18am
these are yummy and easy:

Easy Peasy Crunchy Peanut Butter Biscuits

1 cup crunchy Peanut Butter
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 170degC
Line a baking tray with baking paper, and spray the paper with cooking spray or greasethe paper well with butter or margarine.

Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix or beat well together until combined.

Place rolled balls of mixture ontothe tray and flatten with a wet fork,leaving plenty of room betweeneach biscuit as the biscuits spread a lot.

Cook for 15-20mins until light golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes,
then remove from the paper and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.

* Biscuits will crisp
as they cool down*

kinna54, Mar 7, 2:20am
And the good old Edmonds Shrewsbury bics.grandies favourites. I make them with or without the jam, awesome for the kids with cutters,:

kinna54, Mar 7, 2:25am
And viennese orange kisses. (old NZWW recipe). Piped biccies which are yummy.
Can't find my recipe to scan at the mo, but if you do a search it should come up, I have posted it before.makes a lot and yummy and simple.

carolt, Mar 8, 2:38am
No flour!

kinna54, Mar 8, 4:09am
No. sounds strange I know, but it does work. I simply beat it with the electric beater and it just comes together, you don't even have to beat for long, just to combine.
I always use the extra crunchy peanut butter.
It is a Jo Seagar recipe.

sarah681, Mar 26, 12:53am
Thanks for recipes. More please.

pamellie, Mar 26, 3:25am
Chocolate Crunch

1 cup crushed weetbix
1 cup coconut
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g melted butter

Add melted butter and essence to dry ingredients.
Bake 20 minutes at 180c.
Ice with chocolate and coconut icing when hot. Cut when cold.