Raw milk in the BOP

morticia, Feb 29, 12:56am
Bump for raw milk. Looking for a supplier in Tauranga.

vmax2, Feb 29, 1:07am

morticia, Feb 29, 1:10am
Thanks. I saw the map earlier and Tauranga isn't on it. The closest is 45+ minutes away for goat, which isn't what I want, or further away and over the hill.

vmax2, Feb 29, 1:38am
Ask on the facebook page or find your local chapter leader for the Weston Price Foundation.

vmax2, Feb 29, 1:39am

morticia, Feb 29, 1:50am
Thanks for that :-)

katj90, Mar 21, 12:17pm
Does anybody know of a supplier of raw unpasteurised milk (often labeled as 'pet milk') in the bay of plenty (close to Tauranga), with a reasonable price! The only one i have heard of is about $8 a bottle, and that's just totally unrealistic for my budget. I have heard some farmers sell it straight off their farms but don't know how to find out if any local farmers do this.
Thanks!

gasman64, Mar 21, 12:46pm
Ask a cheesemaker. Maybe at a farmers market.

vmax2, Mar 21, 9:49pm
Have a look at this facebook page http://www.facebook.com/nz.arm!sk=wallYou could make an enquiry through there.Or contact a chapter leader of the Weston Price Foundation.

vmax2, Mar 21, 9:49pm
Have a look at this facebook page http://www.facebook.com/nz.arm!sk=wallYou could make an enquiry through there.Or contact a chapter leader of the Weston Price Foundation.

pamellie, Mar 22, 5:31am
I think Cambrian Meats (they are an organic butcher) down Birch Ave in Tauranga sell it. A quick phone call would confirm this.

katj90, Mar 22, 11:14pm
Thanks guys, will look into all of those :)

katj90, Mar 22, 11:33pm
I have emailed a few people I found through links on there, hopefully I canfind someone local. I'm going to try and go down to theTauranga farmers market tomorrow and ask the cheese people there if they can help me. Thanks for your help!

katj90, Mar 22, 11:33pm
I called them and they charge $7.50 for a 2 litre bottle, that's out of budget for me :(

vmax2, Mar 22, 11:39pm
You're welcome.That is quite expensive.$2.50-3.00 a litre is more realistic.You could just go ask any dairy farmer but you never know what the quality of the milk is.Buying from an organic farmer or someone who has a few house cows and looks after the cows well is the ideal.

ange164, Mar 23, 3:33am
Maybe put a wanted notice in the oropi news (headquarters is the oropi service station) as I know there is someone up there that sells it 'at the gate' but I don't know where exactly.

vmax2, Mar 23, 10:15pm
Saw your request on facebook today.Sure hope you have some luck.The other thing you could do is ask in the farming thread.Seen a few people do that.Like the ideaof advertising in the local paper too.

kimmac, Mar 24, 2:15am
Our neighbours have got us into a co-op, $1 per litre - have to travel 50kms to get it though :)

tlkin, Mar 24, 4:19am
The quality of any milk from a dairy farmer that is suppling a factory has to be good. Chances are that they drink it themselves (why would they pay for it from a supermarket!) You could try knocking on the door of any dairy farm that has a Fontera metal flag out the front - or what ever the equivalint is where you live.

katj90, Mar 24, 11:30pm
are you in the tauranga area! I'd be interested in more info.

katj90, Mar 24, 11:31pm
I got a reply today so hoping this works out!

kimmac, Jul 7, 10:16am
Sorry just saw this now, we are in Auckland on the shore - sorry :)

glenjon, Jul 7, 10:30am
Does anybody know of an application that I can download - I am wantinga blank recipe book so that I can add word document recipes to it - like an old fashioned blank recipe book that you write the recipes in by hand under different sections.
Thanks

just_lookin1, Jul 7, 11:55pm
Wow thats expensive. What have they done to it to warrant the expense! its more expensive than the stuff thats been to the factory! I'mlucky, i work on a dairy farm during the busy season, Aug-Dec. (calving&mating) and I get mine for free outa the vat. So does the boss & the 2ic's wife.