NZ Masterchef 2012

Page 3 / 24
bedazzledjewels, Mar 6, 11:38pm
With the champagne flowing earlier, they may not have been feeling too great either!

twindizzy, Mar 6, 11:58pm
Tucked up in bed fully dressed and make up on!

seniorbones, Mar 7, 1:38am
and the girl who was so confident that it wouldn't be her going home, was sent home! she was on good morning this morning about 7mths preggie.so the winner would already be known it was filmed so long ago!

nfh1, Mar 7, 1:40am
Compared to Junior Masterchef the show is really poor.The Junior cooks are just amazing.

elliehen, Mar 7, 2:14am
Just watched it on replay and it's Takeaways next week!

.although it was sobering to hear Ray McVinnie say, 'There's only one thing missing - and I think it's the stomach pump.'

maggie197, Mar 7, 3:14am
+1Such talent and so confident - they are amazing!

nfh1, Mar 7, 3:54am
I would have loved to try the ice cream last night - what a job!

bedazzledjewels, Mar 13, 12:08am
That depth of talent amongst those kids is amazing.
Makes the adults version look like under-achievers.

maggie197, Mar 13, 3:59am
Did you see the cakes those kids made.and the decorating.I'm speechless!

mwood, Mar 13, 8:00pm
Last night went from bad to worst

nfh1, Mar 14, 1:20am
I have just watched that - amazing, so talented.

elliehen, Mar 14, 3:30am
What's the link please ,nfh1!

nfh1, Mar 14, 3:34am
I recorded it elliehen - I think it is on Prime (Mondays!) which does not have the On Demand thing.I deleted after I watched it, otherwise I would have sent it to you.

nfh1, Mar 14, 3:38am
elliehen - I just had a look at Prime and I think it is repeated on Friday evening at 7.30.Enjoy - will make you hungry though!

davidt4, Mar 14, 3:45am
I haven't seen the kids' show, but the NZ adults are a sorry spectacle by and large.Incredible that so many didn't know how to use a pizza stone, and some of those pizza toppings were dreadful, especially the one with cream cheese and apricots.

nfh1, Mar 14, 4:15am
Do try the junior one, it is just so good to watch.The cakes they put up this week looked fantastic.Made the adults' efforts look even worse.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 20, 6:52am
Some of those canapés look delicious!

m41, Mar 20, 7:25am
my little son wants to be a junior mc i think there are more talented too esp the aussie version .

ruby2shoes, Mar 21, 1:54am
I can't wait till My Kitchen Rulesreturns.Its even better than Masterchef.

elliehen, Mar 28, 12:42am
I wonder if this series will be the last (in the same way that 'Dancing with the Stars' got past its Best Before date).

Last night I found myself wandering off and returning just for the judging ;)

mwood, Mar 28, 5:17am
Actually those sanctimonious judges are one or the worst aspects - and what about the toothless guest chef ! LOL

bedazzledjewels, Mar 28, 5:18am
It was very flat last night. I think they need some masterclasses to pep it up a bit.

davidt4, Mar 28, 5:50am
Indeed.It would be nice to see some good cooking for a change.Wasn't it dreary!I only watch it these days because one of the participants is a relative.You would think that by now the judges might be brave enough to say something interesting from time to time , but maybe it gets edited out .

And as for the queasy "romance".THAT should have been edited out.

_axiate_, Mar 28, 8:10am
Has anyone made any of the recepies from Masterchefs' link! I tried to make the chocolate fudge cake with Olive oil chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries tonight and it was incorrect - the olive oil mousse said i need 200mls cream, whipped but it didn't tell me when to add it! grrrrr also the Stuffed chicken breasts with cumin scented carrot puree and spinach cream recepie says the spinach cream states i need 400mls of vegetable stock and 400mls cream!omg recipe serves 2!

mwood, Mar 28, 9:17pm
It should, of course be called "Amateur Chef of the Year". A new show of professional and qualified chefs cooking real dishes for "NZ Master Chef" would be worth watching tho.