Zuccini lemon cheese

fauna1, Feb 20, 3:24am
Last year I think I saw a recipe for making lemon curd /cheese for using yellow zuccinis, now I have a glut and don't know where the recipe is.have lookedon the 'search' in vain. TIA

245sam, Feb 20, 3:33am
Here you are fauna1,

"Ingredients:
1kg yellow zucchini - or peeled green zucchini
juice and zest of 3 lemons
1kg sugar
125g butter

Chop zucchini finely and steam until tender. Puree in a food processor. Place zucchini pulp in a pot with the rest of the ingredients and stir over a low heat until the sugar is dossolved. Increase heat and boil for about 30 minutes, until the curd is thick and creamy like lemon honey. Pour into warm, sterilised glass jars and seal.
Quote happyshoppin (84 ) 8:16 ":-))

dibble35, Feb 20, 4:45am
Is this any good!.sounds a bit odd to me but i also have a glut of zucchini and if it tastes good might try this, TIA

gardie, Feb 20, 5:29am
NZ gardener say this is their most request recipe.Zucchini is quite bland so it would take on the taste of the lemon and sugar.

fauna1, Feb 21, 6:41am
Thank you so much. Seems a pity to use eggs if it's just so for filling!

elliehen, May 1, 11:28pm
Bumping for the Zucchini Lemon Curd

elliehen, May 1, 11:28pm
Bumping for the Zucchini Lemon Curd

Edited to add: I intended to post it in the current thread so that people would not be misled by the green blerky icon ;)

susieq9, May 2, 10:14am
I have made this, and it is quite delish.

sclaredy_cat, May 3, 12:38am
Any idea how long it would keep for!

g8mp2zu9wgvz, Jul 13, 1:42am
Zucchini Bread Ingredients for two regular loaf pans:3 eggs1 cup oil2 cups sheerddd raw zucchini1 3/4 cups sugar1/4 teaspoon baking powder2 teaspoons baking soda2 teaspoons cinnamon1 teaspoon salt2 teaspoons vanilla1 cup chopped nuts2 cups flourDirections:Put zucchini in a strainer and press or squeeze with hands to get excess liquid out. Beat eggs, sugar, and oil together. Add flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and nuts. Mix together by hand. Add zucchini (minus liquid). Beat mixture. Pour into 2 greased, floured, loaf pans.Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

uxgjuvqlvc, Jul 16, 9:13am
roasting is one of the best things to do with brtneutut, I sometimes will add a little cinnamon or paprika both of which add a warming note and help emphasise the natural sweetness of the squash.