A question about Cinnamon Rolls.

twinsforus, Feb 18, 6:37pm
I'm a complete novice when it comes to using yeast. Made a batch of cinnamon rolls last night, however as I didn't bake them until this morning they have deflated (had left them covered on the bench) My question is should I have stored them in the fridge overnight after rolling and cutting! Would that have stopped them rising due to the cold and then risen once taken out!
Thanks.

kiwitel, Feb 18, 7:36pm
Sounds yum- would love a recipe!

twinsforus, Feb 18, 7:54pm
I used this one, but I halved the recipe.still made 18 rolls!
http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2011/08/freezer-full-of-cinnamon-rolls.html

ayglepaygle, Feb 18, 8:14pm
Yes I have put dough in the fridge then taken out in the morning quite successfully. Good luck.

mackenzie2, Feb 18, 8:25pm
By storing the bread mix in the fridge it stops rising, and goes to sleep!
Good luck mix time

davidt4, Feb 18, 9:56pm
Your rolls left out all night will have over-risen, which means that the yeast produced so much CO2that the over-fermented dough wasn't strong enough to hold it and collapsed.If it happens again you can save the dough by kneading it all together, until it feel elastic, re-shaping and allowing to rise about 30 minutes.

Next time leave int he fridge, take out 30 minutes before you put them in the oven.

twinsforus, Feb 19, 7:45am
Thanks everyone!Will definitely pop them in the fridge next time :) They still taste ok.just not nice and fluffy.