Can you freeze cooked chicken from Supermarket

ks1968, Feb 18, 3:27am
Does anyone know if you can freeze the cooked chicken from the Supermarket if you broke it up and would it change texture!Thanks

chooky, Feb 18, 3:42am
I always do it, if they have a special for 2. I just pull it apart, so I'm only freezing chicken, no bones. The last lot we used just the other day, made a chicken curry and enough left for sandwiches for school. Its just like you put in the freezer, no difference. Enjoy.

deejay79, Feb 18, 3:45am
yes u can but remove bones, makes great chicken pie, potatoe and chicken slice

ks1968, Feb 18, 3:48am
Would love the Recipe for the Potato and Chicken Slice Please!

gardie, Feb 18, 4:04am
Like the others said, remove from bones and freeze.It does change texture slightly - great for using in pizzas, curry's etc but I don't use it like fresh as its a bit 'watery'.

tands09, Feb 18, 9:26am
Why do you remove bones! I just wrap the whole cooked chicken in more gladwrap & once its cool shove it in the freezer. I've done this for ages & never had any problem (I rotate them every 3 months though). Just wondering if removing the bones is for taste or health! :)

max10, Feb 19, 3:45am
I freeze supermarket chickens all the time, sometimes I strip the meat from the bones other times I dont, stripped chicken used for pizza / sandwiches
etc whole chicken just broken up into legs etc for meals

uli, Feb 19, 3:51am
Yes you can freeze the minute you get home - and no - you NOT need to remove any bones LOL :)

jbsouthland, Feb 19, 3:54am
Removing bones is for ease when using later. I would myself.

uli, Feb 19, 3:55am
Sure, but it has nothing to do with freezing the poor bird.

So the sooner it gets very cold the better- rather than waiting till evening to remove bones - freeze it the minute you walk in the door with your groceries.

spot20, Feb 19, 4:26am
Wouldnt you have to cool it down first! or not necessary!