Recipes with Lemons

deviant7, Apr 4, 11:38pm
I have a lemon tree that is till full of lemons and just wondering some recipes or things I can do with them? ?

TIA

margyr, Apr 4, 11:46pm
lemon yoghut cake, 1 3/4 cups castor sugar, rind of 2 lemons, 2 eggs, 1 cup oil, 1/2tsp salt, 1 cup yoghurt, 2-3 tbs lemon juice, 2 cups self raising flour, (or just add tsp baking powder), place sugar and rind in bowl and process till rind is finely chopped, add eggs oil and salt then process until thick and smooth. add yoghurt and juice then blend, add flour and process to combine. cook in a greased tin at 160 for 1 hour, Boil together the juice of 2 lemons and 2 tbs of sugar, pour this over the top of the cake when cooked. This keeps for ages.

margyr, Apr 4, 11:50pm
Avocado Pie; make a biscuit crust, malt biscuits crush up and mix with butter, press this into a pie tin or cake tin, bring it up the sides. filling; 1/4 cup lemon juice combine this with 2 beaten egg yolks, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 tin condensed milk, 1/2 tsp salt, pour this into your pie crust and bake for 15-20 mins at 165. Topping; mix 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, dont worry that it will be grainy as it is smooth as. I have made this basic recipe without the avocado and used blueberries, strawberries, the only fruit that did not work in it was kiwi fruit.

margyr, Apr 4, 11:51pm
Also if you pick them and put them in the fridge they last for months.

deviant7, Apr 4, 11:53pm
Yummm sounds good

margyr, Apr 4, 11:56pm
there is tons you can make with lemons, and i really like a thin slice of it in a cup of tea, without milk of course. on the left there is a search box, type in lemon meringue pie, lemon honey, both of those are yummy.

margyr, Apr 4, 11:57pm
The avocado pie is abit like a baked cheesecake. Yesterday on tele i saw them make a pie (key Lime) and for the base they used choc digestive biscuits and oreos, that looked nice.

margyr, Apr 4, 11:58pm
just did a search, type lemons, there are loads of ideas there.

deviant7, Apr 5, 12:00am
thanks Margyr will have to make something for dessert tonight now

margyr, Apr 5, 12:05am
just re-read my recipe for the pie, missed out the main ingredient, avocado, peel it and mash it with the lemon juice that you add to egg yolk. haha, in my book i have written filling; whatever.

deviant7, Apr 5, 12:07am
but you have used different fruit to the avocado such as the berries?

margyr, Apr 5, 12:11am
yeah that is why my recipe says whatever, the only one that did not work was kiwi fruit, it must have reacted with the lemon juice and it tasted like rust.

margyr, Jan 1, 3:49pm
oh and i also have used bananas and call it my banoffie pie, everyone loves it.