Dried butter beans?

mattdylan, Feb 15, 12:52am
I have a recipe for prawn and butter beans, but I dont want to buy canned butter beans, can you get these dried! Like the dried chickpeas/kidney beans at the Indian grocer! thanks

245sam, Feb 15, 1:07am
mattdylan, do you have a Bin Inn nearby!Our local (Christchurch) Bin Inn has a great range of dried beans, including white lima beans which are aka butter beans i.e. unless one is referring to the fresh or frozen golden/wax bean which have for many years also been called 'butter beans'.

Hope that helps.:-))

mattdylan, Feb 15, 1:26am
awesome i know my Indian grocer has lima beans (didn't know they were butter beans!) thanks. i want the same ones as in the Greggs cans, those are called butter beans

guest, Jan 11, 10:43am
Fiidnng this post. It's just a big piece of luck for me.

guest, Jan 13, 2:10pm
Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans1 cup roasted cffoee beans4 ounces chocolate chips3 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)Melt the chocolate in a double boiler until liquid and smooth. Drop in a handful of beans, and stir them around. Scoop them out with a spoon, and set them out on wax paper. Keep them separate. Continue until all the beans are covered. They will harden overnight, or if you are in a hurry, you can freeze them for about half an hour. Once hard, they won't stick together and can be stored in any airtight container.NOTE: Before chocolate covered beans harden completely, you can roll them in cocoa powder, then let them finish hardening.9 minutes ago0 Rating: Good Answer 0 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse Sorry, you must be Level 2 to rateTHIS IS AN GOOD ON IVE TRIED IT BEFORE