Chuck stewing blade steak recipes (not stew!)

jellybeanbee04, Feb 14, 8:19am
Not a fan of stews etc but have quite a bit of the 'not so great' steak in the freezer from the home kills we've had. What else can you make to use it up!

lindylambchops1, Feb 14, 8:21am
Curry it!

lythande1, Feb 14, 5:32pm
Nothing because it is stewing meat. So you can't just fry it up.

winnie231, Feb 14, 6:15pm
Mince it!

mattdylan, Feb 14, 8:24pm
Make a nice red thai curry, let it simmer for an hour or two

spot20, Feb 14, 8:32pm
Make a stew and pretend its not a stew by putting it in a pie and call it something exotic!

jellybeanbee04, Feb 14, 8:59pm
Hmm thanks for that. mum and dad have a mincer at their place I can borrow, hadn't thought of curry. I like curry and pie lol. Will search some recipes on here and see what catches my eye!

purplegoanna, Feb 14, 9:11pm
get one packet of asian home gourmet korma curry mix, 1 beef stock cube salt and pepper, mix with half a can of coconut milk and a can of water, put in diced chuck steak, cook in a casserole dish in the oven at 150 for about 2 hrs then add 1 can drained chickpeas and 1 can drained Cannellini beans and half a thinley sliced red onion, cook at 160-170 for a further hour or 2 until the sauce has reduced and the meat is tender, serve with rice.we have this once a week its AMAZING (p.s you may have to adjust your liquid amounts to the amount of meat, the liquid should always cover the meat)

wadboy, Feb 14, 9:25pm
This is super easy and a family favourite. Make up to a cup quantity a mixture of Brown Onion gravy packet, good dollop of soya sauce, pineapple juice from a 450g can of pineapple and water. Pour over steak and cover with foil. Bake 180 for 1 hour. In last 15/20 mins of cooking remove cover and place on top pineapple rings.

3jtrader, Feb 14, 9:30pm
Cut into bits, marinade for a while, and fry it up. Put on rice with stirfry veges. Yum!