Ramekins

mallee, Apr 4, 4:39am
I'm tossing up on the size. 1/2 cup or full cup sizes, which would be used more? Any advise gratefully recieved.

darlingmole, Apr 4, 4:43am
you need to ask cookessentials ... she'll will definately know

mallee, Apr 4, 4:47am
So where is our wonder girl, I wonder?

cookessentials, Apr 4, 6:30am
Hi mallee, it really depends on what you will use them for. I have "pudding cups" which have a slightly more rounded bottom and ribbed - these are 1/2 cup capacity and I use them for a dessert similar to chocolate cake in a cup - a small chocolate pudding that I cook in a water bath and they take very little time to make. The half cup size is great for a rich dessert, however, a one cup would be good for larger desserts or savoury dishes, such as a souffle - eith er savoury or sweet. If you are doing something such as a creme brulee or creme catalan, I would tend to go for a half cup size. So... . the choice is yours really. Some people like to have two or three varieties foor different types of dishes and they can actually be quite versatile because you can use them for anything from a souffle, baked custard or crumble to a savoury single serve shepherds pie, or gratin potatoes etc etc.

mallee, Apr 4, 10:16pm
Many thanks for your time cookie :-) :-) I think I will buy 4 of each, then there's no worries. By the way, how have you become so knowledgable about these things? Formal education, or tried and true?

cookessentials, Jan 1, 6:47am
lots of practice I guess LOL Always cooked, helped out at weddings and functions, read lots and own a cookware store. I have alwyas had an interest and love cook books and anything home related. Did two year interior design and always worked in fields related to the home ( apart from when I worked for a jeweller) property development, real estate, interior design and now the cookware store, so all related in a way. Fairly "creative"although, hate sewing -dont mind a bit of craft and suchlike but couldn't knit or sew to save myself LOL.