Recipe reading question.

robandandrea, Feb 8, 2:21am
Bit confused reading this recipe. Do i cut the chicken before or after i cook it! Says in ingredients chicken cut into steaks but then later in the recipe it also says cut the chicken.
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Kens-Lemon-Chicken-L11086.html

Thanks

rainrain1, Feb 8, 2:31am
Into steak size pieces first, then thin strips after it is cooked

fifie, Feb 8, 2:35am
My understanding from reading the recipe is you cut your 11/2 cm steaks off the chicken breast then flatten it to 1/2 cm thickness, do the crumbing thing refridgerate,par cook in pan,bake to finish, now slice into1-2 cm strips serve on top of your rice, drizzle the sauce on top and vegs on side hope this helps.

robandandrea, Feb 8, 2:36am
Yeah but it wants the steaks and strips to be basically the same size. And with the first step of cutting them into 1 1/2 cm steaks, is that cubed or sliced!

robandandrea, Feb 8, 2:38am
Thanks fifie i think i understand now. I cut them into 1 1/2 cm slices then flatten them (making them bigger) then after cooked i recut them into 1-2cm slices. Is that correct!

fifie, Feb 8, 3:10am
Yep thats what i'd do, flatten between 2 pieces of gladwrap then just peel the glad wrap off and its all done.

rainrain1, Feb 8, 7:18am
Phew!

mwood, Feb 8, 11:26pm
No what the recipe is saying is that you slice the chicken breasts of the chicken - this will give you "steaks" - you then flatten these - think of schnitzel- then you prepare and cook it - then prior to plating it you cut the cooked "schnitzels" into to slices.
Edited to add : this recipe is presuming you are going to eat the meal with chopsticks :-)