So rapt to see an old recipe come back.I chuckled

teejay2, Feb 7, 12:52am
I went away for a few days on a mini break with hubby.came home and found that daughter had been baking.she had made chocolate cake, yummy cake, muffins etc.she then sat me down and asked if she could share my old family recipe for eggless chocolate cake with her colleagues.apparently nobody had ever heard of it.I gave her a copy with my blessing and thought that my dear old grandmother would have love the fact it was being used again.it was a recipe she had before the 2nd world war and had adapted over the years due to it having no eggs.not really a cooking thread, but a nice wee snippet to share I felt.

griffo4, Feb 7, 12:56am
Thanks for sharing my mum has a recipe like that we used to make
Mum's recipe made a meat dish sized cake

indy95, Feb 7, 1:00am
It's great to be able to pass on those well-used recipes isn't it !

teejay2, Feb 7, 1:04am
it does feel great, but the greatest part is that my daughter who is in her 20's loves baking.and from scratch.not like so many young ones today.I am so proud of her.she is a better baker than I could ever be and loves it, laughs at her failures and shares everything, failure or not.now if only I could teach her to cook lol.well something other than the flatting specials of mince, pasta and tomatoes and frozen pizza lol

indy95, Feb 7, 1:15am
I'm sure she will extend her repertoire in time and her enthusiasm for baking is something to be admired when so many of her generation are growing up without having any idea of how to cook the most basic foods let alone bake or preserve.

vintagekitty, Feb 7, 1:23am
do you think!, Most young people I know can cook all sorts of food, as for preserving, I dont really know anyone that does it anymore. Its not cost effective for many.