I need - Mini xmas trees or similar for ski cake!

mrsmcgoo, Feb 7, 12:17am
Help - wrong time of year to try and find the mini pine trees anywhere - I need about 5 old or new ones to add on to my son's 18th birthday cake - going to be a ski slope. Have tried looking at loads of online cake decorating supplies to no avail.Or if you have seen some in a $2 shop etc or similar around Hibiscus Coast/North Shore/ Glenfield please let me know - thanks ;)

sarahb5, Feb 7, 12:28am
What about Lego trees!

moviebug, Feb 7, 1:24am
Model shops which sell craft models such as planes and trains have model trees for landscaping. I've used them for snow scenes around gingerbread houses. There a few online shops in New Zealand, if you don't have one near where you live.Try Googling with the headingModel shops online NZ.

motgirl, Feb 7, 1:25am
How about these edible ones from Kiwi Cakes:
http://kiwicakes.co.nz/kiwi/product_info.php!products_id=7572

kiwitrish, Feb 7, 1:50am
Make a cone from green coloured fondant and snip with a pair of small scissors from the bottom to the top.Look very realistic.

motgirl, Feb 7, 2:12am

mrsmcgoo, Feb 7, 2:25am
Lego - there's a thought! I have Lego - lots will have a rummage!
Lots of ideas for me thanks - will have a think which will look best :o)) thanks again!

jan2242, Feb 7, 3:18am
I am sure you used to be able to buy lollies that were green and shaped like a tree. Don't buy lollies now so no idea if you can still get them.

kiwitrish, Feb 7, 6:05am
Exactly what I was trying to explain.Meant, start from top to bottom, not the other way around.

chooky, Feb 7, 6:30am
Gee they make that look so easy. Have to keep that in mind for next , ops I mean this christmas.

moreorless, Feb 7, 7:49am
Thomas the tank engine, use to have plastic green pine trees that came with the sets, some were snow covered, others just plain. You can buy individual packs of bits and peices, I'm not sure about the trees but worth looking into.