Rice - any nice recipes when you don't

lillol, Feb 3, 11:04pm
have anything exciting to put with it!

ant_sonja, Feb 3, 11:28pm
What have you got! Are you thinking a main or side dish!

lillol, Feb 4, 12:34am
I don't really know, anything really. I just seem to have heaps of rice and not much else at the moment. A main or side would do :)

charlieb2, Feb 4, 12:39am
Do you have eggs!What about egg fried rice or similar!Sorry dont have a recipe for it though

ant_sonja, Feb 4, 12:46am
Yes was thinking a fried rice also, egg/finely sliced carrot/onion/cabbage/corn/peas-
or whatever combination you like :-) soy sauce/rice wine vinegar, a pinch of sugar.You use pre-cooked rice for this. Start of by stirfrying the veggies for a couple of minutes, add seasoning, then the cooked rice , fry for a further 2-3 minutes. I like to do the egg separate, thin omelette style, then cut in strips and stir through rice. Add a splash of fish sauce to the eggs, makes a difference in taste. If you want more flavour, add garlic, ginger, chili when stirfrying the vegetables. Can also add a little chicken or other meat to this, shrimp or sefood. Great for using up left over bits of roast beef or pork.

lillol, Feb 4, 12:53am
Thanks guys, I'm going to make the fried rice recipe, as above and I just found a rice pudding recipe in Edmonds cookbook I'm going to try too :)

lindylambchops1, Feb 5, 2:32am
Cook rice in any flavour stock powder.Throw in frozen mixed veg.Spice it up, herb it up!

dwyn5, Feb 5, 3:22am
Tasty side dish to go with any kind of meat, sausages, patties, steak, chops etc.
Cold cooked rice
1 tspn curry powder
1 tspn sugar
1tspn salt
Tomatoes
Breadcrumbs
Butter
Mix curry, salt and sugar together dry
Butter a pie dish or small casserole dish and cover bottom with sliced tomatoes.
Sprinkle on some of the curry mix, then a layer of rice.
Keep layering finishing with tomatoes on top.
Breadcrumbs on top, and small amount of melted butter poured over.
Bake half an hour.