Rhubarb Crumble recipies

sassy11, Feb 2, 2:57am
What is a good recipe for Rhubarb crumble! + How much sugar do I add!

samsnan, Feb 2, 3:00am
I just did a search on the left of screen and several threads came up. Give it a try.

kob, Feb 2, 3:05am
I just cut the rhubab up and place in a pot then add 1 strawberry jelly and and2 cups of water, this is enough sweeetness to keep it tart but if you want it really sweet add more sugar say 1/4 cup then bring to the boil and simmer till soft, take off heat place in bowl and the jelly helps to thicken the rhubarb, and makes it almost like a pulped fruit, I then use this to make a crumble or sponge or just on its own to have with ice cream or custard

sassy11, Feb 2, 3:10am
Thanks kob last time I made it I used like 1/2 cup of sugar and it was still to sour to eat

marcs, Feb 2, 8:06am
I actually don't add water to my mixture because Rhubarb gives enough liquid. You can add strawberrys, Raspberries, pears or apples or any thing else that will suit. All add a dash of vanilla and a little splash of balsamic vinegar. It bring outs the taste espcially if you add strawberries to it. I also add cornflour to thicken and sugar according to taste however it takes a lot more sugar. For crumble, equal amounts of self raising flour, brown sugar and oats. Add butter and make crumble.

bridget107, Mar 14, 9:46am

cgvl, Mar 14, 10:08am
I use a sweet apple in the rhubarb and use sugar in the crumble, but then I dont have an overly sweet tooth anymore.
Rosemary schrager has a great crumble topping recipe and its very sweet (I use less sugar). google it as I'm not sure what it is under and its in the one recipe book that I dont have access to at the moment