Food dehydrator recipes please.

shellbell13, Apr 3, 7:28am
My mother in law has kindly given me one of these but it hasn't come with a manual. I have put some kiwifruit, bananas and peaches in it. According to google it looks like they will take about 12 hours so fingers crossed they turn out ok. Does anyone have any recipes they would be kind enough to share please. I also wondered if you could make pita bread crisps or crisps out of french bread. Thanks in advance.

elliehen, Apr 3, 9:42am
shellbell13, just a suggestion while you wait for responses - if you know the brand-name of your dehydrator, you can go to the manufacturer's website and possibly download a manual.

midnightgirl, Apr 3, 10:06am
If anyone knows how to make treats for Dogs, I would be grateful too please.

shellbell13, Apr 3, 10:25am
Thanks. We tried that. She has found the recipe book so is going to post it. Yay.

shellbell13, Apr 3, 10:26am
I am guessing not that I am any expert that you could dehydrate meat to make beef jerky etc or maybe even liver. I do have a dog biscuit recipe that you do in the oven if you are interested though.

fogs, Apr 3, 11:27pm
I use mine to save heaps of money. When Mushrooms are cheap I buy 2-3 kilos and then dry them. Same with Green beans peas apples. kiwifruit, strawberries, onions rasberrys cherrys etc that I grow, the excess I dry to use later in the year

fogs, Dec 29, 8:45pm
There is a pdf manul you can download here which gives times and recipes http://www.sunbeam.co.nz/pages/Browse/ProductDetail. aspx? pid
=1096