Mock Rasberry Jam. Yummmmmmmmm Can you help.

jaybee6, Jan 29, 5:45am
Made this years ago but i do not remember if the Rasberry cordial I used was the self sweetened one or just the ordinary.Can anyone tell me please.Thanks in advance.

elliehen, Jan 29, 6:23am
AUNT DAISY'S MOCK RASPBERRY JAM(from very old book)

8 lb ripe tomatoes
8 lb sugar
4 lb minced apples
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1/2 bottle raspberry essence

Pour boiling water over tomatoes to skin them.
Boil to pulp with NO water.
Then add apples and vinegar, boil half an hour, add sugar and boil till it will set.
Add essence when cool and bottle.

jaybee6, Jan 29, 7:18am
Thanks to those that have answered. Anyone know if it is the ordinary bottle of cordital or the sweetened one that you just add water to.Thanks.

petal1955, Jan 29, 8:00am
Look Tomato Jam- Raspberry Flavoured

3kg tomatoes - 1.5kg Sugar - 4 sachets of 2L (or 8 sachets 1L) Hansells Vitafresh-Raspberry Flavour - 1 packet King Jam Setting Mix. Remove tomato skins and cores Not seeds and cut into small pieces. bring to boil and cook till soft. Add Jam setting mix and stir till dissolved. Add sugar and boil for 15 mins. Add Vitafresh- stir to dissolve and boil further 5 minutes. Makes approx 2.5 litres of jam.

jaybee6, Jan 29, 8:05am
Thanks Petal.

korbo, Jan 29, 8:16am
Can you still buy the raspb cordial. I remembera few years back, trying to get it, but couldnt find it anywhere. I think Petals recipe will be good.
hope we hear bck from jaybee how it went.

jude343, Jan 29, 8:45am
It used tobe made with KINGS Raspberry cordial.
It was in a approx 300ml bottle that you added sugar and water.

ethelz1, Jan 29, 8:47am
3lbs tomatoes,3lbs sugar,juice of one lemon,1/2 bottle raspberry quench cordial
skin tomatoes and cut up.boil in own juice for half an hour.add warmed sugar and lemon juice.boil until sets.add 1/2 bottle of cordial.must be made with acid free tomatoes