Fishers Mince patties recipe

rema, Jan 27, 12:12am
Can someone please help me with above recipe, we are away at the moment, and want to make them for my daughters birthday - recipe at home
Many thanks in advance

pericles, Jan 27, 12:17am
Is this what you want!

Mince RissolesThe baking powder helps hold their shape
Thaw you minced beef by placing in fridge overnight. Break up finely into a bowl.
Dice two med onions and place one in the mince and fry the other in a little oil till near burnt. Add cooked onion to mince.
Now add to the mince2 cloves of crushed garlic, splash of soy sauce, tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce.
2 tsp chopped fresh oregano1 egg, lightly beaten1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 11/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs 1 tsp baking powder.
Method:
Mix together well using your handsSeason to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
Form the mince mixture into round patties about 15mm thick.
Place the patties on the BBQ and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or slow cook in frypan on stove top using med heat until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels and serve.

steelbasher, Jan 27, 12:55am
many thanks pericles, that's exactlywhat I wanted,

pericles, Jan 27, 1:00am
here is the link if you need other recipes

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/recipes.htm

elliehen, Jan 27, 4:49am
That's a link worth bookmarking.Posters are often asking for fisher's recipes and many don't realise that there is a website they can refer to.

fisher, Jan 28, 9:50pm
If cooking on BBQ. place on a patch of oil, leave alone until they have browned and turn over onto another patch of oil,
When cooking in a frypan, I now press my patties into "cook and coat" and ensure coated all over. fry slowly until browned on med heat. Once again leave them alone . the coat and cook helps keep their shape and adds a nice flavour.

rainrain1, Jan 30, 5:48am
Smell that!PC smellavision :-)A fishers mince pattie, best I've ever tasted.Thankyou for your recipe

motgirl, Jan 30, 9:39am
Fisher, I made these patties for our guests for an Australia Day party last week,they were so good!Thanks for sharing your recipes.

fisher, Jan 30, 11:26am
smellavision. first for these recipe boards. hmmm if only we could.but it would be no good to me. I have 1 percent smell available.oh well.
we you know mothers know best.she was a chef. it was one of hers.she was such a magnificent cook. oh.one more thing. I make heaps. they are sooooo good eaten cold. .

steelbasher, Jan 30, 7:33pm
Once again many thanks - they wentdown a treat, as they always do at home, off to the South Island for a two month look around tomorrow

griffo4, Feb 3, 6:55am
l made them tonight without the cook and coat and they were so nice
l doubled the sauce and we had them with rice, yummmmm
Many thanks l knew they would be good with your name on them

fisher, Feb 3, 8:41am
cheers. did ya save any for "cold" tomorrow!:}}

griffo4, Feb 3, 8:05pm
Ohyes we have some for today and l know it will taste even better as they are sitting in the left over sauce so the flavours will be more intense, looking forward to it

pericles, Jan 27, 1:00am
here is the link if you need other recipes

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/recipes.htm

uli, Feb 2, 8:52am
bump for another year.

aurora5, Feb 7, 7:24am
How much mince!500g!Sounds great I can't wait to make them.

fifie, Feb 7, 9:54am
Made 3 large bags ofhome kill mince intothese patties at the weekend, hubby took them round to his Bowling club for their BBQ and they went down a treat, thank goodness i made heaps, had to mix them in a bucket lol. Nearly everyone that had them came back for seconds, they served them with spuds, salads,and sausages. A few that were left soon got nibbled up cold,i was wrapped so thanks Fisher they were a winner.

lucky1989, Feb 9, 1:22am
hi, i plan on making these this arvo, i really want them to impress, sooo how much mince should i buy, how much of the sauces should i use, and would mixed herbs be ok instead of oregano, and finally instead of parsley could i use a cougette or carrot grated would that make the same consistency!

lucky1989, Feb 9, 1:40am
ohh and would 2 rashers of bacon go nicely in them!

arcane1315, Feb 9, 3:45am
what sauce recipe did you use please

quote=griffo4]l made them tonight without the cook and coat and they were so nice
l doubled the sauce and we had them with rice, yummmmm
Many thanks l knew they would be good with your name on them[/quote]

winnie231, Feb 9, 9:35pm
arcane1315 wrote:
what sauce recipe did you use please

This is fisher's 'sauce' .
Rissole Glaze
2 tbsp brown sugar2 tbsp soy sauce1 tbsp tomato sauce1 tbsp watersmall bunch finely chopped parsleydash of black pepper.
Mix well in saucepan and use low heat on stove top.Pour over cooked rissoles.

arcane1315, Feb 10, 1:50am
Thanks winnie