LOW CARB.Does anyone know where

brickabrack, Jan 22, 12:47am
does anyone know where you can buy low carb pasta or packet mixes ect
or soy flour or almond flour already done
thanks

buzzy110, Jan 22, 1:04am
What are packet mixes!

elliehen, Jan 22, 1:11am
"Convenience" foods - ingredients pre-mixed that require little preparation.

brickabrack, Jan 22, 1:14am
I did hear u can get baking mixes and gravys that are low carb products great for weight loss

elliehen, Jan 22, 1:15am
Is this what you're asking about brickabrack!

http://www.lowcarb.co.nz/categories/Low-Carb-Smoothie-Mix/

elliehen, Jan 22, 1:17am

uli, Jan 22, 1:21am
Ingredients : Wheat Gluten, Soy Protein Isolate, isomalt.
Bon appetit.

Product Reviews
Posted by Unknown on 8th Jan 2012
tastes like bread but with spongy texture (to be expected).much nicer than my own home made soya bread i used to make.enjoyed it as French cinamon toast this morning. only down side is that it is recommended to be made in a breadmaker (not mentioned in the ad) and there are no instructions to make it any other way. but impressive results from a borrowed machine

buzzy110, Jan 22, 1:58am
brickabat, are you contemplating going on, or are you already on, a low carb diet!

brickabrack, Jan 22, 2:04am
just started

buzzy110, Jan 22, 2:22am
I see. I don't know that many low carbers in here bother much with pasta, soy and packet mixes, to be quite honest. They sort of defeat the purpose, which is to eat healthy, natural foods that keep you feeling satiated for longer. There is a noodle called shirataki that can be used in place of ordinary pasta. I'm not sure where you would buy it but I think I have seen them at Huckleberry Farms.

I think I've also seen posters on here saying they can purchase almond meal from Binn Inn or even at their supermarket. It is pretty awful though. I have some. I used it once and now it is languishing in the back of my deep freeze, unloved. It is best not to bother with baking really.

And that also stands for substitute sweeteners. Just learn to like fresh primary produce. It makes low carbing easier and you don't have to waste time and money looking for expensive, and usually pretty foul tasting, highly processed, substitutes.

Just my thoughts on the matter anyway.

vmax2, Jan 22, 3:39am
I know someone who makes coconut flour bread as a low carb alternative to wheat bread.But for the best weight loss and health benefits go natural cooking with fresh primary produce as buzzy says above.