Raspberry jam roll thingy

falconhell2002, Jan 20, 11:03pm
Ok, I found this yummy sounding recipe, it had jam roll around the out side with custard, cream and gelatine used in the filling. Then you put more jam roll on the top to seal it.Chilled it for 4 hours. Turned it out and painted it with apricot jam to glaze.Silly me didn't save it, and I have brought the stuff I need but don't have the amount of how much of each item for the filling.Does this sound familiar to anyone!I thought I found it on taste.com but have just spent ages looking thru there and can't find it.Really want to make it for tonight.TIA!

griffo4, Jan 20, 11:50pm
l suppose you can't remember the name by any chance!

falconhell2002, Jan 20, 11:52pm
Lol no, I have been trying to find it thru all the sites that I like and cant find it anywhere.I thought it was jsut called raspberry pudding, but maybe not.

kuaka, Jan 21, 12:00am
Sounds a little bit like a variation of Summer pudding

falconhell2002, Jan 21, 12:04am
All i really need to know is how do Imelt the gelatine.The filling has (i think) 500ml of made custard, 2 cups of whipped cream and 10 gmsof gelatine.Would I put the gelatine into some hot water and then mix that into the rest!

raewyn64, Jan 21, 12:05am
did you find it on the message boards here or on a general internet site! How long ago did you find it!

falconhell2002, Jan 21, 12:08am
I only found it yesterday or the day before and I cant remember where I found it.Blame it on blonde or getting older or a combination of the both!

raewyn64, Jan 21, 12:10am
was it not on here!
Have you tried checking your computer history for yesterday!

falconhell2002, Jan 21, 12:11am
oh good idea, will go have a look!

falconhell2002, Jan 21, 12:15am
Nope its not there, dang it.

falconhell2002, Jan 21, 12:23am
Woohoo found it.

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Raspberry-Delight-L14045.html

Yum cant wait to try it!

raewyn64, Jan 21, 12:27am
great result

falconhell2002, Jan 21, 12:41am
Lol thanks, been looking on and off for hours.

harrislucinda, Jan 21, 1:24am
almostthesameasatriflebutlooksgood

falconhell2002, Jan 21, 6:51am
Made it, its easy as and looks really neat when you turn it out!

griffo4, Jan 21, 7:03am
Thank you for sharing and glad you found it
l get so frustrated when l can't remember where l saw something and spend hours on here looking

falconhell2002, Jan 21, 8:50am
I was the same, it became my mission for today, to find the dang recipe and make it.Glad I did too.Its a lesson learnt though, if you find something you want to make stick it somewhere where you will find it!

griffo4, Jan 21, 6:54pm
Yes l tell myself that all the time while l am looking for something but never learn,lol
Thank you for putting up the link l was wondering what to make for a pot luck lunch and this is now it
Just have to get all the ingredients

kob, Jan 21, 7:19pm
a summer pudding variation will have to try this one though as it sounds divine