Ladies lunch ideas please!

courtney2004, Jan 19, 4:12am
Got a ladies lunch happening here tomorrow want some ideas I thought about a quiche but I dont know had a wish for meatless but something that is able to be cooked ahead of time or left in oven cooking. I get hayfever and my head has gone blank all ideas will be great. Oh it is a ladies lunch but only for about 3 ladies and 2 teenagers!

valentino, Jan 19, 4:31am
Leave out the bacon or use vegetarian bacon. is like a quiche however.

Zucchini Savoury Loaf

380 grams Zucchini grated
3 to 4 rashers bacon finely chopped
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup self raising flour
1 large onion finely chopped
1/2 cup oil
5 eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all together, into a widish Loaf or a sort of Lamington Tin well greased, paper lined, bake at 180c for 50 to 60 minutes or longer if wish but lower the temperature until well golden brown or the top bounces back with a slight push of finger. Serve.

Very nice Quiche type of dish, could add or alter other veges like potato etc, .

Cheers

courtney2004, Jan 19, 4:40am
The only thing I have with having meatless is because all of us have meat eaters for dinner and just keen on a light lunch without hte weight of meat but happy to change ideas

daleaway, Jan 19, 4:46am
Stuffed eggplant - stuff eggplant halves with a mixture of their own flesh scooped out and cut up, plus, tomato, onion, cheese and herbs and seasoning. Top with buttered breadcrumbs and oven bake for an hour or so.

courtney2004, Jan 19, 4:56am
Creativeness has just come back with this idea! I could do stuffed potatoes but then we only have new potatoes bugger cant do that!

rainrain1, Jan 19, 5:33am
this is nice, I used 1 cup broccoli

4 eggs
1 + 1/2 cups milk
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup seasonal greens.asparagus/broccoli/be-
ans/peas
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup self-raising flour
Method
preheat oven to 17oC
lightly grease quiche dish
in bowl beat the eggs and milk
stir in remaining ingred.
pour into dish and bake 45 minutes until firm to touch and golden on top
May take a bit longer to cook

If you want meat add 1 cup ham or bacon

loulou104, Jan 19, 5:54am
I've got a delicious feta and spinach quiche. You could make it in advance. It is so tasty. I cold dig out the recipe if you like!

smileeah, Jan 19, 8:39pm
I make this with sun dried tomato in place of the bacon and it is just delicious. I use a lasagne style dish.

smileeah, Jan 19, 8:39pm
I make this with sun dried tomato in place of the bacon and it is just delicious.

eljayv, Jan 19, 8:52pm
I sometimes make a frittata as it can be done the night before and re heated either whole or in wedges in microwave.To make it tasty a little cooked bacon and some tasty cheese mixed in with the eggs etc.

darlingmole, Jan 19, 9:53pm
What about a orzo or pasta salad using fresh herbs and vegetables (spring onions, tomato, cucumber, spanish onions etc) with a wicked vinegerette!

buzzy110, Jan 20, 12:33am
How about scalloped potatoes (sliced, par boil potatoes layered with cheese, salt & pepper, etc and then add some milk and bake). These can be thrown in the oven and left to bake completely unattended and can be prepared the day before. A nice green salad - lettuce, tomatoes, onion, red capsicum, spring onion, etc (all the usual suspects) with a nice vinaigrette. If you want to bake a couple of small fillets of salmon with lemon, butter and fresh herbs wrapped in tinfoil (the smaller slices) at the same time you can. these can be either put in 20mins before serving or cooked and taken out to cool earlier on and served warm.

Finish with a lovely lemon tart with strawberry and whipped cream garnish.

english_rose, Feb 28, 1:26am
loulou, could you post the recipe for the quiche please!