My Latest Cake

Page 1 / 2
motgirl, Jan 18, 11:43pm
Happy New Year!Thought I would show off my latest cake made for my daughters partners birthday on Tuesday.He hasn't cut it yet so I think he likes it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44791835@N04/
It measures 6" square by 12" tall but used a dummy for the bottom half or it would have been far too much cake.
The little light on top really works.Thanks for looking.

bill241, Jan 19, 12:02am
You're very talented!

rainrain1, Jan 19, 12:05am
clever you, that's brilliant

leogal1, Jan 19, 12:06am
Wow!That's fantastic! :)

datoofairy, Jan 19, 12:14am
WOW! That is incredible, well done you!I wouldnt want to cut into it either.

bill241, Jan 19, 12:15am
I've just been having a peek at your other ones too, I love looking at decorated cakes (decent ones)

bill241, Jan 19, 12:16am
The Beatles one is awesome!

Okay, no.I just found an even better one, that sewing basket one is amazing

datoofairy, Jan 19, 12:20am
I especially love the sewing basket, and the ladybirds. So cool!

datoofairy, Jan 19, 12:23am
You should post this in Parenting too, people there love seeing awesome cakes too.

motgirl, Jan 19, 12:33am
Thanks everyone!This is my hobby (expensive one), love making these cakes-in most cases they have been gifts for friends and family.The sewing basket was the first real cake I did after going to a course.I must believe in challenging myself as after I start these things I start to think I am mad and how am I going to get through this one.
You should see what the next one in the pipeline looks like!

lindylambchops1, Jan 19, 12:50am
Motgirl you have such a talent!Keep up the lovely work.I wouldn't want to eat them, they are just too good to eat!

Thanks for sharing your photos.

taurus2005, Jan 19, 12:54am
you made that! you should be selling them.

loulou104, Jan 19, 1:20am
Your cakes are beautiful. How do you do black icing! My son wants an all blacks shirt for his birthday cake. TIA.

pheebs1, Jan 19, 2:41am
oh my!
verygood

pheebs1, Jan 19, 2:42am
i must say from exp black icing doesnt taste good
perhaps motgirl has an alternative!
i had a dora cake made and the black icing wasnt very nice

elliehen, Jan 19, 2:52am
I'm wondering if all the decorations on cakes like this are edible.I'm thinking of the sewing basket, with its spools of thread etc

And motgirl, you're not originally from the one-and-only 'Mot' are you!Would be nice to claim your talent as home-grown ;)

sarahb5, Jan 19, 3:28am
They're awesome - I love the Tardis one.I can't even ice a cup cake properly!Miss 20 wants some sort of jandal cake for her 21st so I think I'm going to have to enlist some help from somewhere.

motgirl, Jan 19, 3:59am
elliehen, yes everything on the sewing basket cake is edible except the "pins" - they are wire with fondant tops.Even the needles are edible, they were a pain in our humid weather here as they went a bit limp.
And yes- I am from Motueka, my family have lived there for a long time, in fact last year we had a reunion celebrating 150 years since the first family member arrived.

motgirl, Jan 19, 4:05am
For black icing I now only use Satin Ice- it is a dream to work with.

shop-a-holic, Jan 19, 4:13am
Two Thumbs up!
Wait.make that a High Five!
Super work. xox

daleaway, Jan 19, 4:47am
I take it the slices of Tardis are bigger on the inside!

elliehen, Jan 19, 5:05am
Next time you come, alert our local Community newspaper.They love to write about talented local people who have moved away to distant shores :)

vintagekitty, Jan 19, 5:08am
Those cakes are amazing, wow you are so clever, love, love them, esp the shoe box and the sewing basket. No, actually I love them all. Brilliant!

motgirl, Jan 19, 5:14am
Thank you every one for your kind comments,I really appreciate it. It has taken until my 50's to find "my hobby" but I love it and the challenges it brings.I only started 2 years ago with a weekend course that Planet Cake ran here in Brisbane and have been slightly obessed with all things cake since!
Thanks again.

vintagekitty, Jan 19, 5:21am
I would love to do a course like that. One day when im older and have time! . You are sooo talented. I looked to see where you were located as I'd love to get some cakes for family birthdays coming up soon.