Tefal Breads of the World Breadmaker - failure!

jodyw1, Jan 17, 6:32am
I was lucky to have won this breadmaker. It arrived yesterday much to my excitement! My first attempt was a huge fail.an I had to phone Tefal about an issue with the trays not fitting but while on the phone it came out that the recipe books with it are incorrect for New Zealand! So just want to let others know! If a company is going to sell it's product here it would be nice if they ensured it was right first!

lindylambchops1, Jan 17, 6:54am
Bugga!You might have to make a few & do some tweaks before you are happy with your loaves.Good luck!I wouldn't be without my BM.I use it almost everyday.

jodyw1, Jan 17, 7:05am
They advised doubling the yeast. I had an old breville so i have a bit of an idea on loaves of bread. But this new breadmaker does baguettes etc that you cook inside the breadmaker in special trays so it would have been helpful if those recipes were right.

lindylambchops1, Jan 17, 9:21am
Wow that sounds awesome.Let us know how they turn out.I use 3 tspns of yeast for my bread (400g bread flour).

chrissie91, Jan 17, 1:49pm
Hi Jody. I have the same bread maker, and had the same trouble, until i read further on in the instuction book,, in mine, page 8, there is a section for New Zealnders. If usingEdmonds Active yeast, to double the amount, which will be 3 teaspoons. I havent had a failure yet, bread almost rises to the lid. Happy baking,, dont give up.

jodyw1, Jan 17, 6:22pm
Thanks chrissie. I have just double checked my book. Page 8 in mine is French, so they must be different books.

pickles7, Jan 17, 7:03pm
you may need "bread improver" I got a jar from Bin Inn. I use that as well as sure to rise yeast. I get a nice loaf every time I use my bread maker now.,

chrissie91, Jan 18, 9:29am
If you double the yeast,your bread wont fail,, 3tspn. You will be pleasently surprised.

guest, Feb 22, 3:24am
Hi
I am contemplating purchasing a Tefal Breads of the World bread maker but seems the only reviews I can get off the net isn't too favorable. Can anyone give me some more up to date reviews on this p,ease before I go out and spend my money?
Jmak from Sydney