Have you got a food quote?or saying? :-)

rog.e, Apr 2, 1:50am
“We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavours and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ” - Alfred E. Newman

Quoted from the Clevedon Farmers Marhet April newsletter

bedazzledjewels, Apr 2, 1:52am
Julia Child - “The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook”

bedazzledjewels, Apr 2, 1:55am
Some more pearls of wisdom from Julia -
“It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. ”

“In department stores, so much kitchen equipment is bought indiscriminately by people who just come in for men's underwear. ”

“I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate. ”

books4nz, Apr 2, 2:27am
"If life brings you lemons, make lemonade'. .

'Chocolate, coffee, men; some things are just better rich. '

I don't know who they're from. .

lythande1, Apr 2, 3:01am
Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality.

Save a tree - eat a beaver.

If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again.

greatauntyof2, Apr 2, 4:10am
Never trust a skinny cook

lizab, Apr 2, 4:32am
you've got 2 choices ... take it or leave it! !

rog.e, Apr 2, 5:24am
Thanks - I copy them all out onto cards and place them in clusters on the walls or in groupson the table when we have a 'bit of a do' or anyone staying or invited for a meal. Makes for some discussion.
V

acoustic_roy, Apr 2, 5:49am
"Hunger is the best sauce! " - from an elderly primary school teacher in the '50's.

cam651, Apr 2, 6:03am
"Oh no it's all turned to custard! "

elliehen, Apr 2, 7:39am
rog. e ... It's also quite good fun to see who drops out first in a friendly competition to see who can think of a food idiom which is part of the language - cliches accepted! There are zillions...

The best thing since sliced bread
Out of the frying pan into the fire
He's a bad egg
The proof of the pudding...
I heard it through the grapevine
The apple of my eye
As alike as two peas in a pod
A peachy complexion
It's a plum of a job
left a sour taste
to buy a lemon
rotten to the core
one bad apple

kcak, Apr 2, 7:42am
When asked what was for dinner, my mum would always say, "A wigwam for a goose's bridle" or "Bread & scrape & duck under the table". Never really knew where they came from, or for that matter, what they meant. Anyone else heard them?

elliehen, Apr 2, 7:51am
x1
Yes, I have heard the wigwam one. My granny used to say in answer to What's for dinner? - "Lay whole for meddlers and tarts for tasters. "I didn't have a clue what it meant but the "lay whole" bit sounded rather like the wooden spoon...

a_n_h, Apr 2, 7:55am
i have a fridge magnet that says -i dress to kill, and cook the same way also-i love to cook with wine, sometimes i even add it to the food.

juliewn, Apr 2, 11:38am
Hi. . there are some others in this thread. .

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=174917

dbab, Apr 3, 12:50am
Don't know who said it.
A minute in your mouth, an hour in your stomach, and forever on your hips!

jessie981, Apr 3, 1:09am
The nearer the bone, the sweeter the meat!

senj, Apr 4, 12:36am
Whats for tea? ans, Bullshit and kauri gum now bugger off until it is ready, this was the standard answer from my nanna when I was a smallboy.

darlingmole, Apr 4, 4:36am
when asked what was for dinner my friends mum would always say "stewed bugs and onions" - ugghh! My mum would tell us if saw something on our place and didn't know if we should eat it? "when in doubt - leave it out" ... so that meants peas and brussell sprouts were off our menu for good after that! ha!

nellbee, Apr 4, 10:24am
Life is uncertain - eat dessert first.

3jtrader, Apr 4, 11:36am
What melts in the mouth solidifies on the hips. A favorite of my dad's when he sees me eating chocolate!

kirinesha, Apr 4, 7:37pm
"A man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and be merry. " (Ecclesiastes 8: 15)

kitj1, Apr 5, 10:30am
" I never serve meals on time... . the starving eat anything! "

YMCA mealYesterdays mess cooked again

alebix, Jan 3, 8:00am
Never eat more than you can lift... ...

Miss Piggy