Secret to making a good cheese puff?

mikew, Jan 15, 9:28pm
Made some yesterday for the kids.tasted yummy but were certainly not puffy. Kinda flat infact :(
Wondered if the cheese was a bit oily! Or the oven temp not hot enough 180 for 10mins (needed to cook longer tho)
Not quite sure what went wrong!
They just didn't turn out how I remembered.

lx4000, Jan 15, 11:51pm
These are great!

BUTTERLESS CHEESE PUFFS

2 Eggs
water

Salt pinch
2 C Flour
2 1/2 tsp BP

1 C Grated Cheese
1 C veggies of your choice

Break eggs into 1 cup measuring cup and fill with water then pour into bowl, then add another 1 cup of water to a bowl and mix.

Mix dry ingredients and add veggies and cheese and mix.

Add dry to wet and mix till JUST mixed.

Spoon into greased muffin trays.

Bake 20 mins at 180

elliehen, Jan 16, 12:28am
Jo Seagar's Cheese Puffs will puff for you :)

JO SEAGAR'S CHEESE PUFFS

2 cups flour
3 cups cheese (grated tasty)
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
4 tsp baking powder

Mix with spatula and put in 12 mounds on greased tray or baking paper. Put into 250*C and then TURN OFF for ten minutes.

kinna54, Jan 16, 12:41am
+1 to Jo seagers recipe. Need a good hot oven and a watchful eye!

malcovy, Jan 16, 1:26am
+2 to Jo Seager's recipe.

denshon, Jan 16, 5:52am
I make this lots, do not know the name of recipe but I have always called it "my cheese Puffs" I put into bowl 1 cup SR flour 1 Cup grated cheese, 1 cup milk, 1 egg, just mix and then add whatever you want, tomato. bacon, ham, parsley, herbs, spring onion, anything, I have even added chopped up cold roast veges. You can double or treble the recipe as you like. I cook at 200 till cooked about 10 - 15 min, great with butter when hot. I cook them in anysize muffin tins, they look great in the mini loaves tins, especially in winter to serve with soup.

lynja, Jan 16, 6:52pm
these are the ones I make and find lovely

2 C flour
1 1/2 C grated tasty cheese
6 level tsp baking powder
4 eggs
milk to mix

Mix flour,cheese and baking powder together. Add unbeaten eggs, and mix to a smooth mixture with a little milk, spoon onto piles on baking paper. Bake 200 deg for 10 minutes.
These freeze well.

amazing_grace, Jan 17, 3:01am
I made these yesterday after reading this post, and I was disappointed to find they were just a cheese scone.and tasted a bit of baking powder.My understanding is that a cheese puff is like a yorkshire pudding not a scone

bengals, Jan 17, 3:41am
+3

kinna54, Jan 17, 4:05am
See the updated liink in the other cheese puff post