Avocado ideas please.

cautis, Jan 15, 1:44am
I would like to start eating avocado.I will be the only one eating it probably, my boys only like it as a dip with carrot and I don't think my girl is into it but she might be if I can make it presentable lol.

So I'd love some recipes for including avos in our main meals please.Thanks!

baalamb, Jan 15, 2:00am
I add chopped avocado into most of my salads, along with many other ingredients. If there are enough other things in it, anyone 'picky' wont even notice it. Among many of the things that can be found in my salads are:
avocado, chopped gherkins, peas, corn, any or several types of cheese, tinned mandarins, sundried tomatoes, capsicums, cherry tomatoes, four bean mix, parsley or any other fresh herbs I have at time, red onion, pineapple, grapes. no two salads are ever exactly the same, depends whats within reach when I make it. If the family are a bit fussy, start off with lots of lettuce and add a bit of several items, then gradually increase. Quite often I don't include lettuce as the salad bowl is too full of other 'stuff'!

cautis, Jan 15, 2:12am
Cool, thanks!

baalamb, Jan 16, 11:11am
.forgot to mention I usually include chopped nuts and/or seeds - pumpkin, sesame and sunflower.

goult, Jan 19, 5:47am
Avocado & corn soup:
Blend 2 cups of corn kernels( I use frozen), 1 avo, red capsicum to taste, clove garlic and a cup or so of milk( I use rice or almond milk)
This is made to be eaten cold, but can be heated slightly if preferred

goult, Jan 19, 5:51am
Avocado mousse:
Blend 2 avos with a 1/4 cup cacao powder and honey to taste then freeze and enjoy!
You could also try this replacing one avo with banana

twindizzy, Jan 19, 5:53am
Vogels-butter-avocado-sea salt-cracked pepper

pheebs1, Jan 19, 7:06am
i used to hate avos when i was littlebut as we know our tastes change as adults
i love it on roast potatoes dollop or mix with sour cream
yum!

grannymum, Jan 20, 6:14am
Fill halved avocados with cottage cheese, top with sliced tomatoes or strawberries, ground black pepper & a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

cautis, Jan 20, 7:41am
Yummmm, some good ideas here, thanks!