Motueka carrot cake?

Page 14 / 14
chicco2, Aug 18, 4:19am
Hi hairchopper don't know if you get back to check on this thread, but I hope your move to Invercargill went ok. Dairyfarming wasnt it! Wouldbe nice to keep in touch. We met at the Mothers Raising Boys course at Mot High School.

winnie231, Aug 18, 10:03am
Yummy cake! .

samsara11, Aug 19, 1:54am
Yes it is! I took it to work today (big cake) and between 8 of them, I only had a small bit to bring home.I am not a cake eater so was happy that it was enjoyed so much

wron, Aug 25, 9:32am
Back to P1! Bump

danielvds, Aug 25, 10:30am
I made this cake last weekend.I grated the carrots on my fine grater which I think produced too much juice.It was very wet before I added the wet ingredients.Think that next time I make it I'll grate it coarser then chop it a little.I cooked it in a ceramic roasting dish lined with baking paper as I didnt have a cake tin big enough. Due to this it was not a deep cake and came out rather dense (more like a fruit cake) and well cooked.The family and friends Loved it.We used cream chese icing and served with Greek Yogurt.Will make a few changes to my technique next time and looking forward to outstanding results from this awesome recipe.

danielvds, Aug 25, 10:39am
Arh - just noticed the 2nd recipe so might give this one a go next time as the 750g of carrots quite alot to mix in and made one HUGE cake.Thanks for the recipes.

griffo4, Aug 30, 9:35pm
Thanks Hairchopper I made your recipe and loved it l have tried alot of carrot cakes but this one is by far my favourite one. Hope calving is going well Thanks

susieq9, Sep 6, 11:20pm
Delicious. did just half of the recipe. For the sugar I did 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of splenda. It was yummy with a cream cheese topping.

kazmoo, Sep 8, 8:34pm
motueka carrot cake Just made the cake up last night and it really is a good recipe!just a little sweet side, next time i will cut the sugar to 1 1/2 cups sugar.
I didn't have pumpkin seeds so i put sunflower seeds instead. and also put cranberries. prolly think about taking the cake out in 1 3/4 hours.

valentino, Sep 27, 1:04am
z. .

natalie9, Oct 2, 10:12am
what sort of oil would be best for carrot cake! Could you substitute with butter!

winnie231, Oct 2, 9:48pm
I used rice bran oil to make this. It's a delicious cake!

toadfish, Oct 3, 7:53am
lol.I asked that question back in June. But you were right. I am officially the cake lady at my work now.This cake went down particulary well.I make all the birthday cakes and have made Mels Chocolate Cake, a great banana cake. and a particulary nice lemon syrup cake. with sourcream in it.mmmmm will have to get thinking for the next birthday.

I made the carrot cake again in a large round tin on Thursday Night for a family get together yesterday. It really is a lovely recipe. although I am yet to add a cup of walnuts as I am not a big fan of them (and it really is all about me lol) And it doesn't feel like its missing anything. the pumpkin seeds is a really nice touch and I sprinkle some diced apricots andpumpkin seed on the top of the cream cheese icing. looks just like a "cafe" cake.

winnie231, Oct 9, 7:28pm
I was in Motueka yesterday . so I had to have coffee & THE cake. Still scrumptious! I'm going to make it as my birthday cake in a few days time . as well as the 'bloody good chocky cake' for those who need their chocolate fix!

smoocher, Nov 21, 1:21am
Great cake, thanks heaps.
Two in the oven now, as they are firm family favorites and have been requested for two birthdays, one tomorrow and one the day after that.
The family call it, The Heavenly Carrot Cake.

elliehen, Nov 21, 3:29am
Better make sure they call it The Heavenly Motueka Carrot Cake ;)

smoocher, Nov 21, 4:22am
Will remind them that I am not master chef of this fab recipe, but Motueka is. I just read and copy.
They are now iced with cream cheese icing and look delicious.
I had tradesmen here today and had to guard the cakes as there was a lot of sniffing and hinting for a piece. Sorry guys, these are taken.

valentino, Dec 3, 3:27am
Not to forget this great cake.

Be nice for.