Motueka carrot cake?

Page 1 / 14
jenna68, May 19, 6:58pm
s... s

wron, Jun 2, 8:31am
Saving again as about to die! Up

pogram0, Jun 3, 8:58am
Was looking through my recipe box over Queens Birthday weekend when I came across the recipe for this cake. It was requested by a reader of a cooking magazine, a Foodtown cooking publication. I took aphotocopy the page. The recipe is essentially correct but it said the quantity of carrot is two cups of grated carrot, not 750 grams. I think the quantity of carrot was doubled in the recipe earlier in this thread.

svx1, Jun 3, 11:00am
Hi Pogram0 Hi could you give the recipe again on this thread as its written on your photocopy thanks.

jay248, Jun 4, 5:26am
Carrot cake bump
:)

pogram0, Jun 4, 7:00am
Here you go Part 1: 2 cups each wholemeal flour, sugar and carrot. 2 teaspoons each cinnamon, mixed spice and baking soda. Half cup each walnuts, sunflower seeds, chopped dried apricots. 1 cup sultanas. Quarter cup pumpkin seeds. 4 eggs. 1½ cups soy oil. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease and line a 23cm cake pan.

pogram0, Jun 4, 7:05am
Part 2 Combine the dry ingredients. Add the carrots, walnuts, sunflower seeds, apricots, pumpkin seeds and sultanas. Beat together the eggs and oil. Stir into the dry mix. Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 1 - 1½ hours. Icing: 125g cream cheese, 50g soft butter, 1½ cups icing sugar. Beat the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar together until smooth. Spread over the cake. The cake can be decorated with chopped apricots, walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. End

svx1, Jun 4, 9:32am
THANKYOU POGRAM! ! ! Thanks alot for the recipe it looks like it makes a much smaller cake the other recipe makes a 30cm round cake tin.

jenna68, Jun 8, 6:58am
up it goes . . for others!

susan21, Jun 9, 1:05am
I made the Motueka Cake using the 750g of carrot. Boy what a huge amount of carrot. Had a nice flavor, but seemed very mushy to me... thought Id try using less carrot.

wron, Jun 27, 11:26am
Up we go! P1 again

bazmarl, Jun 30, 8:42am
yummy yummy cake Thanks for sharing, my family loved it.

jenna68, Jul 10, 3:24am
b... b

pinball1, Jul 18, 7:35am
The place is now "THE MOORING" If you still need it try the owners. They'll know the old owners. PSMotueka's "Red Beret" has nice cake (I think).

fruitluva2, Jul 23, 10:41pm
*** `````

juliewn, Jul 29, 2:29pm
bumping. . . .

wron, Aug 4, 10:10am
Back to P1 Up

wron, Aug 10, 9:44am
And again Bump

jenna68, Aug 14, 1:24am
Hiya julie :o) How are you and Jenni? Hope she is well :o)

b-ray1, Aug 15, 7:32am
Hi all - im new to this page I have many a question to do with carrot cakes. Is it best to use both Wholemeal and Plain flour in a carrot cake? ? ? Would you put walnuts in the mix or sprinkle on top?

griffo4, Aug 15, 8:00am
l loved this cake and it didn't last long round here and the choc cake lovers in this house gave it the thumbs up and ate it all

b-ray1, Aug 15, 8:36am
Found the recipes that have been posted, will give them a try, great thread. Thanks

samsara11, Aug 17, 8:41am
I have just made the motueka cake and it looks fabulous. I put brown paper over it for the last hour and making it again, I would do this from the beginning. Took all the 2hours though. Taking it to work for a "cook off" competition so here's hoping lol

chicco2, Aug 18, 4:19am
Hi hairchopper don't know if you get back to check on this thread, but I hope your move to Invercargill went ok. Dairyfarming wasnt it? Wouldbe nice to keep in touch. We met at the Mothers Raising Boys course at Mot High School.

winnie231, Aug 18, 10:03am
Yummy cake! ...