Where to find Decaf Coffee Beans in Hamilton

jenjen76, Jan 9, 11:15pm
I have to go decaf for a while and was looking for Decaf coffee beans which I found last year, but can't for the life of me remember where I got them from.They were from those self-dispensers in one of the supermarkets and believe they were 'Gravity' coffee beans.
Does anyone know where decaf beans may be found('Gravity' or not)!

245sam, Jan 10, 12:12am
jenjen76, I'm not in Hamilton but we have an unopened packet of decaf coffee (not beans though) that we easily found at one of our local Chch supermarkets (Countdown I think) - it's Robert Harris viva decaf.As I said, unopened, so as yet untried therefore I can't vouch for the coffee one way or the other yet.

Hope that helps.:-))

jenjen76, Jan 10, 12:57am
thanks 245sam, I have the Viva decaf for the plunger at work and tastes pretty good, but as I have just got a new grinder for christmas I would like to try and find beans.I've tried New world where I usually shop and the local countdown.I found the Gravity bins during one of those spur of the moment, I'll just drop in here to pick up a few things whilst passing by.can't remember which supermarket though.

cookessentials, Jan 10, 1:00am
You can buy online here. They say that they service hamilton. There is also an 0800 number on their site.
http://www.excelso.co.nz/shop.html

prawn_whiskas, Jan 10, 1:09am
I've been Decaf for the last two years and its really hard to find a nice bean, they are so far and few between in NZ.

Sadly Gravity don't do a decaf (not that I have found)

Cooks no Decaf on the site you've posted (that I can see) only 6 bean selections none decaf.

Hummingbird do an OK bean, its pretty weak in flavor though. (you'll find it in both chains of supermarket)

The best one I ever found was Cafe Direct CpffeeX (already ground and vac packed in a block) organic fair trade decaf ($12 250g at the time), it has beautiful caramel and chocolate notes, but sadly this has disappeared! and I can't find a supplier for it.

The next best I have found is actually a supermarket cheepie (IMO) its another pre ground vac pack block but it has a good flavor and a smokey chocolate note to it, and thats Caffe Aurora Decaf (blue brick) at around $7-8