Left over chicken recipes please

pixieface1, Jan 7, 10:29pm
i have some left over chicken and want to make something nice for tea. ideas please and thanks in advance :)

davidt4, Jan 7, 11:27pm
Fry a sliced onion and a some sliced garlic in olive oil until softened, add chicken meat roughly torn into chunks, chopped rosemary, a few chopped anchovies and some black olives.Saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes until hot.Sprinkle with chopped parsley or some leaves of basil.If you have some left over cooked potatoes or kumara add that with the meat.

Serve with a big green salad.

flower-child01, Jan 7, 11:28pm

actiongirl1, Jan 8, 12:40am
I add it to a pasta and sauce packet (cooked) or make a chicken fried rice, which we are having for tea tonight.

uli, Jan 8, 12:48am
I make a huge salad of greens, tomato, cucumber, eggs, herbs etc - then sprinkle the chicken bits over the top. Serve as is or with bread or with roasted spuds.

kate777, Jan 8, 2:50am
Finely chop the chicken and mix it with blanched and chopped spinach, toasted pine nuts, ricotta cheese and grated parmesan.

Stuff into canneloni tubes, lie in rows in an ovenproof dish and cover with a fresh tomato sauce. Cover and bake until cooked. Top with mozzarella and grill until bubbly and golden.

crazy126, Jan 8, 2:54am
I mix left over cold meat into mac and cheese and throw some mixed vege in and call it pasta casserole lol

pixieface1, Jan 8, 3:34am
thanks peeps for all those lovely recipes. have picked 4 so have to choose from those :)

gardie, Jan 8, 3:36am
Pop the chicken into a dish and cover with some chicken gravy. Mix some fresh breadcrumbs with melted butter, garlic and mixed herbs and pop it over the top then into the oven to warm through and crisp up.Yum - its what we're having for dinner tonight.Loosely based on Alison Holst's crunchy chicken recipe of old.

motorbo, Jan 8, 3:41am
ohhh make a chicken pie with mushrooms and a creamy filling yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cookessentials, Jan 8, 9:22am
I used to have a great recipe that had cooked rice, bacon,tomatoes, shredded chicken, cheese etc that you baked in the oven. It was delicious and I have not been able to find it for ages

cookessentials, Jan 9, 2:53am
Chunky Chicken Pie With Cheese Topping
3/4 cup brown rice
20g butter
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
3 small (about 200g) zucchini, sliced
2 cupschopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
Cheese sauce
40g butter
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup grated tasty cheese

Lightly grease ovenproof dish (8 cup capacity). Add rice to large pan of boiling water, boil, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until tender; drain.

Heat butter and oil in pan, add onion, pepper and garlic, cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add zucchini, cook, stirring, 1 min. Combine vegetable mixture, rice, chicken and cheese sauce in bowl, spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with cheese, bake in moderate oven about 30 minutes or until well browned.

Cheese sauce:
Heat butter in pan, add flour, cook, stirring, 1 minute, remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk, stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat, add cheese, stir until melted.

cookessentials, Jan 9, 2:54am
I also have one for a chicken and potato bake if you want it.

andi.surf, Jan 10, 1:21am
yes please cookessentials, sounds devine!

bombaloo, Jan 10, 2:27am
I put chicken into a pita pocket withe cooked bacon, capsicum and onion. Put into sandwich press for a while, then add salad. yum!1

glenn-ellyn, Jan 10, 4:50am
#12.That sounds great.Sadly I have alreadymade fried rice and lettuce salad to go with our leftovers.:(

smileeah, Jan 10, 4:55am
Left over shredded chicken mixed with fresh breadcrumbs, an egg, a decent squirt of mayo, crushed garlic, parsley and S+P makes good chicken patties. I cover with dried breadcrumbs after shaping and gently fry until golden.

Note: The egg is optional - if you use extra mayo you don't necessarily need it. I use Best Foods mayo cause it tastes the best lol.

cookessentials, Jan 10, 5:39am
No worries.you will have some ideas for the next time yoou have left over chicken

johnb26, Jan 10, 6:19am
Cook up some fresh fettucine and toss with olive oil and basil pesto. Fry some mushrooms in a pan in olive oil or garlic butter. Stir some cream cheese or sour cream through pasta and then add mushrooms and chicken (chunks or shredded etc). Nice warm or cold!