Wedding tip.

lindylambchops1, Jan 7, 12:33am
Just saw this on the Oily Rag Website.
My husband and I have been oily raggers for years. When we got married, we had a fabulous, old fashioned country wedding. We got married in the gorgeous garden of one of our local craft stores and walked to the reception at our local hall. When our friends and family asked what we would like as gifts, we asked them to contribute to the day from what they were good at. We put a hangi down in our backyard that was transported to the hall in someone's ute. We were given a lamb, a pig, vegetables and bottled fruit for fruit salad. One friend made our dresses, another was our transport, another made our cake while yet another iced it. Our parents bought some beer and wine, and my husbands' workmates took photos and presented them to us later in an album. Still another person found a two man band that wanted a gig in the country for little more than a good hangi meal that was cooked by more fabulous friends and relations. we had a brilliant day for one hundred and forty guests that cost considerably less than friends spent the next weekend just on their photographer! P.S I'm still crazy about him after 26 years. It just proves that it does not have to cost a fortune to show that you care about each other.

somethingsexy, Jan 7, 12:36am
Love this idea thats a great one gunna have to remember this!

thq, Jan 7, 3:59am
sounds great. whats the site please!

lindylambchops1, Jan 7, 4:09am

ferrit47, Jan 8, 8:41am
My wife & I have been Married 4 years nearly & Im Love her dearly.

griffo4, Jan 8, 8:52pm
Our daughter and her partner got married in much the same fashion 2 yrs ago and they had it in a friends garden and we set it all up with the basics nothing fancy and everyone brought a plate and had a fantastic day just how they wanted it
everyone came all nicely dressed up and straight after the formal bit all the women had their high heel shoes off and were sitting round chatting and they all loved our casual and easy it was and wished more weddings were like that
lt also saves alot of money that can go towards so many other necessary things

nzhel, Jan 8, 10:43pm
What a great site lindylambchops1! Definitely worth checking out for great tips and ideas.