Crockpot Macaroni Cheese

kambi, Apr 1, 12:22am
Hey there, I've read this recipe here before and it sounded great and of course I never saved it... ... ... any chance anyone has it handy?
Many thanks...

gussiej, Apr 1, 2:47am
Search 'crockpot macaroni' in the search engine to the left and put 'anytime' for date posted. There's a thread called "Cheap and Easy Slowcooker Recipes" and there's a macaroni one in there. Sorry I'm not sure how to copy and paste the link for you. It's about the 5th post in that thread anyway.

honey52, Apr 12, 8:48am
Crock Pot Macaroni Recipe
Ingredients
8 cupscooked macaroni or other pasta
4bacon rashes - rind removed and diced
½onion - minced or very finely chopped
2 cupsmilk
1 tin
(13 oz/375ml)evaporated milk
2 eggs - lightly beaten
2oz/60g melted butter
2 tbls vegetable Oil
6 cupsCheese, grated - we used 4 of tasty (cheddar type) and 2 of parmesan
Salt and Pepper
Method
1. Place all ingredients into the crock pot and stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook for 8-9 hours on Low OR 4-5 hours on High.
3. Eat and enjoy
Notes
Serves 6-8 as a meal
No need to fry bacon, though I suppose you could.
Serves heaps as a side dish

xtownie, Apr 12, 9:21am
2 1/2 cups uncooked pasta, 25g butter, 3 cups grated cheese, 3 Tbsp flour, 1 tsp garlic salt, 3 cups boiling water.
put pasta in crockpot stir thru melted better then flour, add other ingredients and cook 2 - 3 hours stiring gently about every hour or more frequantly if you are around.
Bacon can also be added with all other ingredients so can onion, but I do prefer to fry these a little first. ENJOY its yummy

stormbaby, Apr 12, 10:16am
Just a tip, I use only 2 cups of cheese instead of the three. I find it a bit strong with 3. I take the inner out of the crock and sprinkle breadcrumbs and knobs of butter on top and brown under the grill at the end of cooking. Yum.

gazz, Apr 13, 10:45pm
Honey 52
In your recipe above, does the Macaroni have to be cooked first? Do you think it would work to use uncooked Macaroni? Thank you.

spdip, Jan 29, 2:18am
I use same recipe as xtownie.

But find in my crockpot it is normally ready in 1. 5 hours, so do watch it.

I normally add chopped bacon, onion and tomatoe to the mix and leave adding the cheese until the last half hour or so. I also find that sometimes I need to add more boiling water. I use 3 cups of cheese when I double the mixture (which I do 99% of the time) and like last night the doubled mixture fed 5 adults and there was enough left over for 2 of the boys to take to work in their lunch today.