Amaretti biscuits .

sarahb5, Jan 3, 12:40am
I have a packet of these in the pantry that I bought to use over Christmas but I can't remember what I was going to use them for - any suggestions!I know it definitely wasn't any sort of variation on tiramisu because I had sponge fingers for that but even if I don't remember what I actually bought them for I thought someone on here might have some suggestions rather than just eating them as they are - yummy though that would be!

davidt4, Jan 3, 1:30am
There is a lovely Italian dessert Pesche Ripiene - peaches stuffed with Amaretti biscuits.For 6 ripe peaches you will need:

10 full-size Amaretti (5 pairs)
60g caster sugar
seeds from 1 vanilla pod
1 large egg yolk
30g soft butter

Halve the peaches, remove stones and scoop out a little of the flesh.Chop the flesh, chop the amaretti finely, mix well with sugar and vanilla seeds.Spoon into peach cavities, dot with butter.Bake at 180C for about 40 minutes until the peaches are tender and the filing has formed a light crust.

Serve hot or tepid .

cookessentials, Jan 3, 2:16am
The are just beautiful with a good espresso. Amaretti Ice cream is also nice.

sarahb5, Jan 3, 2:25am
True about the espresso but that's why I want to make something with them rather than just eating them all myself!How do you make the ice cream though!That sounds interesting and I could definitely get the kids to eat them then