Can you freeze cream and then beat it once it's

nowsgood, Jan 2, 6:15am
thawed. Thankyou.

liamjosh, Jan 2, 6:29am
Yes, we defrost ours slowly in the microwave and it beats as good as new

nowsgood, Jan 2, 7:14am
Thankyou.

uli, Jan 2, 7:43am
Yes I do - but have been told on here last week that the cream can also "separate" and not whip. Hasn't done that for me yet - but there you are.

marcs, Jan 2, 2:39pm
It must be australian cream then because it turns to butter still in its packet when you deforost it. Dairy products in Auz are not as nice as NZ. Cheese are though.

samanya, Jan 3, 6:54am
I have had it separate. so do tell, how do you do it!
Slow thawing in the fridge!

vmax2, Jan 3, 7:10am
It might be the difference between raw cream and pasteurised.I've had no problems with it separating either and my cream is raw, straight from the cow.Freeze it, thaw on bench and beat it.In winter I make butter with frozen cream.

uli, Jan 3, 7:11am
Yep - slow thaw in the fridge - never hasten anything in life - it won't work :)

samanya, Jan 3, 7:49am
Thank you.
I know about 'life' .just not about frozen cream.

seniorbones, Jan 3, 9:36am
our pak n save had it on special 1 lt $2 best before date 6th so will freeze so I can make ice-cream later so hope it does whip ok.

uli, Jan 4, 4:58am
Let us know how you get on seniorbones.

terraalba, Jan 4, 6:20am
I took some frozen cream out of the freezer yesterday. It did seem to have a different texture with separate bits of something distinct from the moer liquid part. Anyway I whipped it and it was fine. It behaved like unfrozen cream eventually. I think it did take a little longer to form the desired consistency.