Annabel Langbeins Blueberry Crumble Cake! YUMM!

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 3, 12:41am
Sorry guys this is the recipe for the crumble mixture to put on top of the blueberry crumble. I used walnuts chopped up small instead of almonds and it tasted delicious!

Almond Crumble Mixture

This crumble mix is fabulous on a blueberry crumble cake, but is also great sprinkled on top of muffins before they are baked and as a topping for a traditional fruit crumble.

Ingredients
250g / 2 cups plain flour
375g / 1 ¾ cups brown sugar, tightly packed
200g / 2 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
100g aalmonds, chooped or flaked
2 tsp mixed spice
250g 2 sticks butter, melted
Instructions
Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Add the melted butter with a wooden spoon until evenly combined.
Details
Total time: 5 mins
Yield: several servings

darlingmole, Jan 3, 7:10am
*scratches head* where is the recipe!where are tipsy-blOnde's posting come to that!!

toadfish, Jan 3, 7:13am
See other thread, she has been disabled.

donnadavidson, Jan 3, 8:23am
Shes having issues with trademe re not allowing her to have her account instead of one she shared with her expartner along time ago.

Blueberry Crumble Cake
Ingredients
140g / 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
250g / 1¼ cup sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
175ml / ¾ cup plain yoghurt
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
225g fresh or frozen blueberries
375ml / 1½ cups crumble topping
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease the sides of a 25cm spring-form or loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking paper

2. Beat the butter and sugar together until they are pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Beat in the yoghurt, then add the sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir gently until just combined. (The mixture will be a very thick consistency.) Spread into the prepared tin, sprinkle with the blueberries and then sprinkle the crumble topping over the top.

3. Bake for about 50-60 minutes until the cake is golden and a wooden skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Stand for 15 minutes before turning out of the tin, then allow to cool before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
Details
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins

donnadavidson, Jan 3, 8:23am
Almond Crumble Mixture

Ingredients
375g / 1 ¾ cups brown sugar, tightly packed
200g / 2 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
100g aalmonds, chooped or flaked
2 tsp mixed spice
250g 2 sticks butter, melted
Instructions
Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Add the melted butter with a wooden spoon until evenly combined.
Details
Total time: 5 mins
Yield: several servings

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 30, 8:28am
Just made this tonight for dessert and it is amazing! Only note for next time would be MORE BLUEBERRIES :) I made it in a loaf tin and made some texas size muffins for darling daughter :)

Blueberry Crumble Cake

Ingredients
140g / 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
250g / 1¼ cup sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
175ml / ¾ cup plain yoghurt
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
225g fresh or frozen blueberries
375ml / 1½ cups crumble topping
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease the sides of a 25cm

spring-form or loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking paper

2. Beat the butter and sugar together until they are pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and

vanilla and beat well. Beat in the yoghurt, then add the sifted flour, baking powder

and baking soda and stir gently until just combined. (The mixture will be a very thick

consistency.) Spread into the prepared tin, sprinkle with the blueberries and then

sprinkle the crumble topping over the top.

3. Bake for about 50-60 minutes until the cake is golden and a wooden skewer inserted

into the middle comes out clean. Stand for 15 minutes before turning out of the tin,

then allow to cool before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
Details
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins

evorotorua, Dec 30, 6:10pm
Sounds like a bit of me! I bet it's nice and tangy with the yoghurt. Thanks for putting this recipe up.

seniorbones, Dec 30, 9:21pm
I gather its in one of her books,will have to have a read this afternoon. I just used my blueberries in a smoothy so will have to go and buy more but I suppose I could use raspberries or even rhubarb, have loads in the garden but tipping down so not going out there to get it!

findit1, Dec 30, 9:39pm
have i read this wrong!what is crumble topping! made of!
thanks

ibcreative, Dec 30, 10:19pm
Her recipe for the crumble is 2 cups of flour, 1 cup ground almonds ( or an extra cup of four), 1 1/2 cups tightly packed brown sugar, 2 cups rolled oats, 1 cup chopped or slivered almonds, 2 tsp mixed spice, 250g melted butter.
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add melted butter & mix again to combine.

iman007, Dec 31, 12:21am
i dont care about her recipes, i like to look at her funbags

lennyb1, Dec 31, 4:34am
Yes, thanks for this, it will adapt nicely to boysenberries, I reckon! Bring on the yummmmm.