Cous Cous Salad Recipe

245sam, Dec 31, 11:37pm
ent1, I believe I'm too late with the following recipe for today's lunch but maybe you'd like to have this recipe for another time/occasion.

Robyn Martin's MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD
1 cup each of couscous and boiling water
2 tsp chicken stock powder
¼ cup each of olive oil and white vinegar
1 each red and green capsicum
2 sticks celery
½ cup raisins
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli powder

Combine the water, stock powder, 2 tbsp olive oil and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Add the couscous, stir it through and let it stand for 5 minutes, then fluff the couscous up with a fork. Set the couscous aside until it is just warm.
Deseed the capsicums & cut them into 0.5cm (or pieces about the same size as the raisins). Wash and trim celery and slice it thinly.
In a screw-top jar mix together the coriander, cumin, chilli powder and remaining 2 tbsp oil. Shake to combine, then pour the dressing over the couscous and mix it through.
Add the capsicums, celery and raisins to the couscous, and mix well.
Serves 4.:-))

shop-a-holic, Jan 1, 12:04am
I make couscous with boiled chicken stock not water; add sliced fried chorizo sausage and chopped coriander.

wildflower, Jan 1, 2:11am
I use chicken stock too, forget to mention that above:)

ent1, Dec 30, 6:34am
Hi! Wanting to create a Cous Cous Salad that does not need to be fussed over at the last minute etc for a BBQ lunch on New Years Day any ideas of a tested and loved recipe! Many thanks in Advance.

nauru, Dec 30, 6:51am
Imake a taboulah salad using cous cous instead of bulgar.Also mix chopped spring onion, celery. capsicum, grated carrot and ch parsley with cous cous and drizzle balsamic vinegrette to taste over and mix well.Both no fuss salads.

wildflower, Dec 31, 1:18am
corn, capsicum, lemon zest and juice, chicken, chopped apricots, parsley, mint, any combo of these.