Orange & onion salad !

winnie15, Dec 30, 5:06am
Has anyone got a recipe for this!

margyr, Dec 30, 7:30am
hi winnie, I used the search box on the left and typed orange and onion salad in the keyword or member box, then in the date posted click on the little arrow on the right and then last year. Here is one from another member,
Orange, Red Onion and Olive Salad

thin slices of 3 peeled oranges
1 thinly sliced red onion
150g black olives
2 tab extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
(optional) 200g crumbled feta

Mix all together and serve with grilled meat and a green salad.

davidt4 (181 )4:46 pm, Tue 12 Jul #9

raebea, Dec 30, 9:48am
orange & onion salad, the one I have made for years is-------peel an orange, then cut it into slices across the orange, then peel a medium onion,( red is nice if you have one) then slice fairly thinly across the onion - to give you rings. put into bowl with the orange. Make a dressing like this- into a cup put 1 teaspoon of salt, a few shakes of pepper, & sugar up to1/4 of the cup, then add boiling water up to1/2 the cup, stir until dissolved,then fill up to the top with vinegar, & stir again,Pour this over the orange & onion, leave till cool & it is ready, really nice.if not enough, just double the quantities eg. This same dressing is lovely over cucumber , tomato & onion

winnie15, Dec 30, 9:52am
great . thanks rae . this is the one!

winnie15, Dec 30, 9:54am
yeh i do that all the time.but the search didn't bring up what iwanted.but rae has posted it for me .

margyr, Dec 30, 8:15pm
will try it some time I make the vinegar dressing lots but have only done tomato and onion or cucumber.

niffer13, Dec 31, 1:09am
1 onion to 2 oranges
Slice onions so that they can be separated into rings.
First lay onion then orange circles. sprinkle with small teaspoon each of brown sugar & salt between each layer.
When finished drizzle about 1-2 table spoons of oil over that top.
Allow to stand.
Better a day or so old as onion soaks up the orange juice.
It sounds a lot of salt but that draws the juice out of the orange. Have been making this for years after been given the recipe from a catering friend.

winnie15, Dec 31, 9:54am
yeh i do that all the time.but the search didn't bring up what iwanted.but rae has posted it for me .

this salad is really really nice, when i first saw it i thought ewww!
but boy its awesome!