Ideas for flavoured water

nofrills2, Dec 27, 12:06am
Like the bottled flavoured water that you get at the supermarket.Have tried to make my own but tastes like its diluted/ watered down drink.Used squeezed orange juice,thriftee etc but doesnt taste the same.We live rural so water is fresh natural rain water(filtered through house tank pump etc).
Any ideas on how to get ,or what to use to get a flavoured taste.

vintagekitty, Dec 27, 12:10am
I dont know, but what filtration system are you using for tank water. We are on holiday and we only have tank water here and I dont let the kids drink it.

melp6, Dec 27, 12:15am
Essences!

cookessentials, Dec 27, 12:21am
Apart from since we have liived in town for the last two years, we have had tank water which was just beautiful. You could make your own iced tea using fruit teas like Tleaf which makes beuatiful fruit teas. Flavoured water! well, unless you add artifical flavour, you may not get soething to equal the shop bought. I would be adding some lemon concentrate 9 home made) with slices of lemon as well.

nofrills2, Dec 27, 12:24am
We have a large water filterpump system ,works along the same lines as a swimming pool filter system,we have fresh water running through daily and are cleaned out yearly,and have wire,mesh covering the down pipes so rodents,birds,leaves etc cant go into pipes.I wouldnt let the kids drink the water were you are asanything could be in the water tank ,we have anotherseperate outside water tank for the paddock water troughs which weve had dead birds,mice etc that have come from the barn roof gutters.

vintagekitty, Dec 27, 12:30am
thanks for that. Yeah, I had a look in the tank just before xmas to make sure we had enough water and although it's always covered there are sticks and leaves.We always buy water or take our big container to the speights brewery for their natural spring water.
Cooks, our tank is a old concrete one and because it just "sits" for a while with no one there, it is a incubator for greeblies growing.

Sorry to interrupt your thread. back to flavoured water:)

cookessentials, Dec 27, 1:01am
yes, sounds pretty suspect VK. We had an old concrete tank in one of our places, but we did have a good filtration system.

timturtle, Dec 27, 1:12am
I like adding a slice of lemon, or some crushed up mint leaves,not in the same bottle though and not much of either.

hooksie60, Dec 27, 3:31am
have u tried Sassy water its cucumber, lemon and mint left in water over night. Apparently helps with weight lossas well and very refreshingI made some last night with pleasing results.I just pulled out the cucumber and lemon slices this morning. I got a jug from Briscoes that has a small filter thing at the top where u pore. it also has a centre piece that u can fill with water and freeze so that if sitting out you drink remains cold.

cookessentials, Dec 27, 3:41am
Sounds very refreshing hooksie60

hooksie60, Dec 27, 8:36am
ye it is.i think i am hooked lol as i don't normally like water but this goes down a treat

cookessentials, Dec 27, 8:37am
Mint is also very good for the digestion.

bunnyangel, Dec 27, 8:26pm
This is a recipe from Wendyl Nissen (Green Goddess) and it is really great.
Flavoured Water
1/2 tsp citric acid
4 tsp sugar
Juice of one lime or lemon
Add these ingredients to 1 litre of ice cold water then slice up the squeezed lemon or lime and throw in as well.

carter19, Dec 29, 3:16am
You can buy stuff to sanitise your tank water. We did it in a rental last year. Bought it from micos or plumbing world.then we used a filter jug from briscoes. All still alive.