Replacement for orange liqueur in choc mousse!

nunesy, Dec 22, 5:51pm
I'm making individual choc mousse pots for Christmas dessert and would like to put candied orange peel as the garnish but also want to add some orangey goodness into the mousse itself.Would a bit of orange juice work or not be strong enough!I can't really afford to buy a whole bottle of liqueur for just a one-off use.Tia.

frances1266, Dec 22, 5:54pm
Could you buy a miniature.Think they are around $5

nunesy, Dec 22, 5:55pm
Just from liquor stores!

cookessentials, Dec 22, 6:02pm
Yes, you can get the minis which are perfect for culinary use.

nunesy, Dec 22, 6:11pm
Thanks!And am enjoying all your various Christmas posts, cookessentials. storing some up for next year :-)

richard198, Dec 22, 9:59pm
Orange zest will give you an orange flavour you won't get from juice!

lilyfield, Dec 22, 10:28pm
orange zest- from one piece will be enough- save yourself 5 bucks

wildflower, Dec 23, 2:27am
Handy to know, whenever I come across a recipe with alcohol in it I just figure no point saving that recipe as I've never got whatever is required.Mini's would be handy.

duckmoon, Dec 23, 2:33am
There are groups of alcohol which i regularly use alternatives.

nunesy, Dec 23, 10:23am
Thanks all - bought orange Cointreau for $5 before reading lilyfield's post; might add a bit of the zest in there too.Quite excited, usually have to leave the liqueur out cos I never have any in the house!The mousse is fab without it so am looking forward to the doctored version.:-)

chooky, Dec 23, 11:06am
Im doing chocolate mousse to, but added orange juice and zest to make it jaffa. One of our family is breast feeding this year, so no booze in any desserts. I've got an orange jaffa to sit on top of the shot glasses, which the mousse will be in.