Anyone have a recipe for Passionfruit Curd?

jo341, Mar 30, 9:08pm
I have egg yolks left over from a pav & lots of passionfruit so thought maybe I could make some. I was thinking lemon curd but I only have two lemons ready. Can anyone help me?

pam.delilah, Mar 31, 4:47am
go to trademe cooks website via the link and there is one for passion fruit at the bottom of the page.

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=26&t=606

dorothy_vdh, Mar 31, 6:40am
I have some passionfruit curd and I'm wondering if I make a basic muffin mix up, would I be able to use the curd in it, and if so should I reduce the amount of sugar in the muffin mixture... ... . thanks

cookessentials, Mar 31, 7:22am
12 Ripe passion fruit
4 Eggs
175g Caster sugar
120g Unsalted butter, diced

Squeeze the fruit into a sieve to extract 120ml juice; reserve the seeds. In a heatproof bowl, whisk 3 eggs and the yolk of the other with the juice. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water; whisk until warm. Add the sugar and butter; whisk until combined.
Stir over a gentle heat for about 20 minutes, until the mix coats the spoon. Add a few of the nutty seeds if you like. Pot up in a sterilised jar; allow to cool. Top with a round of greaseproof paper dipped in brandy; seal and store in the fridge. Use it all within 3–4 weeks.

janeny1, Mar 31, 10:58pm
Passionfruit curd
juice and grated rind of 2 lemons
115g unsalted butter, diced
275g caster sugar
4 passionfruit
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
place the lemon juice and rind in a large heatproof bowl, add the butter and sugar. Halve the passionfruit and scoop seeds into a sieve over the bowl. Press out the juice and discard the seeds (I add these back in later) . Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and butter is melted.
Beat the eggs and yolks together and add to the bowl through a sieve and whisk to combine. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Pour into hot, sterilised jars, cover and seal. Use within 3 months.
Once opened store in fridge. This is photocopied from a library book but I haven't got the details ! !

jo341, Dec 23, 2:52am
Awesome! Thank you. I will make some tomorrow.